How many providers barter or have bartered

Just out of curiousity I'd thought I would see which providers have bartered for services in the past. What services would you be open to trading for?
I would with a mechanic. When your car breaks down and needs work it can often be very expensive. The mechanic might end up getting a good deal out of it if it's not too big of a deal with the car. Coming up with a lot of cash quick for a car repair can be difficult and being without a car means being out of work.
  • BLM69
  • 05-31-2017, 09:04 AM
Just out of curiousity I'd thought I would see which providers have bartered for services in the past. What services would you be open to trading for? Originally Posted by jonjonjoejon
Always discuss services that you will perform in great detail so there is no confusion at the end, this includes repair cost $ that might exceed the session fee, I've found that having a written estimate beforehand of work needed saves time and confusion.
Yeah cars breaking down can easily become frustrating. I've always been lucky and mechanics have come fairly easy to me....I've built my motor from the bare block up I've done lifts etc. but it can be frustrating when a radiator cracks on you and have to change it out in a parking lot somewhere lol
I've found lots of girls needing tech support to get rid of a virus, connect a wireless network, hookup multiple devices such as IP cams or mount a large screen on the wall.

I've helped girls out with that in the past and got nothing but a thank you and a loaf of banana bread....looking for more than banana bread from now on.
I've helped girls out with that in the past and got nothing but a thank you and a loaf of banana bread....looking for more than banana bread from now on. Originally Posted by ahab11
Well you have to admit AV work really is drunken monkey work. ;-)
  • BLM69
  • 05-31-2017, 03:54 PM
Well you have to admit AV work really is drunken monkey work. ;-) Originally Posted by texassapper
That and YouTube has all the necessary instructions how to remove viruses and just about any help desk issues, this was a great field before that.
I LOVE to barter my services for things I need or help in the house. Or even a trip to the store since I don't drive. I have a couple of amazing regulars who help sometime, but I'm not going to take advantage of them.

I'm living alone now for the first time in a while, and I've always counted on a man doing home maintenance. But I'm subletting a condo now, so there's no maintenance man and the owner made it clear he only calls in help for a major issue, like plumbing or an appliance failure. I even put an ISO or ad about 5 or 6 mths ago for handyman help and got some nice replies but then I got sick and was out for about 2-3 wks.

Soooo, I do still need help with fluorescent lights in the kitchen, I need hedge clippers and someone strong enough to use them on my back patio and also able to lift some heavy boxes. And a few other little things.

I'd kind of like to spread the activities out over a couple of weeks, and for each chore; offer my regular session after the chore, at a very cut rate price. These chores aren't difficult, just too heavy or too high for me. I have a few tools, but no clippers or step ladder.

I kill laptops, so also interested in bartering for one.
I've done bartering and for the most part, it's worked out nicely.

But the barter has to be for something that I need or just really want.

Right now, I'd do a whole lot of really naughty things for 2 economy plus (+) tickets to Spain this summer. Specifically, August.

I'd suggest if you have something to barter, a service or item(s), let the ladies know and then let the fun begin.

Oh, this was written above and I'd like to parrot what he wrote.

Be specific about the details of the barter. Set the boundaries, completely, before doing the bartering.

I've bartered for laptops, plumbing services, firewood and just a whole bunch of different items.

A few times, I've come up short on the deal but most of the time, it's been alright.

Elisabeth
I love bartering
Bartered a laptop once for some fun, worked out well. Bought them from work for about half the cost of an hr session.
If anyone needs flooring installed I would be happy to work out a deal.
If anyone needs flooring installed I would be happy to work out a deal. Originally Posted by theend12
I'm afraid of the boogie man and won't go under my house... do you do moisture barriers for pier and beam? I'll walk around in a teddy!
I also am interested in bartering and trading services!
I've bartered for mechanic work security systems.. Worked out great