I had no idea

I posted this about 10 years ago.

I'm not sure how accurate this site is (http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/eccie.net) but according to it, eccie.net is worth a little more than half a million bucks.

Today it's worth about $46,000 according to the link above. Which means it lost around 90% of it's worth in 10 years.

However on this site https://www.siteworthtraffic.com/report/eccie.net it's worth around $4600.

Just guessing here I think this site lost big bucks when the rules changed a few years back when we couldn't show nudity. I guess a person has to pay vbulletin, pay IT people for the software unless vbulletin covers this in one package along with the software, have a lawyer on stand by, probably other expenditures. I'm not sure about hardware costs but we may have to have some extra hardware somewhere. I was a lead admin of a sports webpage with 13,000 members, and handled many issues, mostly due to moderating and creating new forums, not totally lame stuff, but I never got involved with the hardware involved.
Interesting. When did OH2 come on line? I’m betting that may have had
something to do with the drop as well.
Ourhome2 has been around since at least 2009 but did not become popular until ads were no longer allowed here. I think that was 2018, however OH2 has always been a great site.
Summer 2019 was the ad thing here.
The Fosta/Sesta Federal laws.
Outside of Texas OH2 is rather quiet.
I'm curious why the value of something I don't personally own matters to anyone. Times change. The value of a company fluctuates. That's all I can say. For us current members, we are just trying to make the best of what we have so we appreciate eccie and the valuation means nothing to us. We are just trying to figure this thing out
Good point @SMD. Who here, feels that by their being on this site adds value to it in one way or another? I pose my question to any and all site members.
Summer 2019 was the ad thing here.
The Fosta/Sesta Federal laws.
Outside of Texas OH2 is rather quiet. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
I was a member of a site called SpaHunters when fosta/sesta came into play, it had quite a negative affect, soon after the site ceased to exist, one day I go to login and it was no more.
Good point @SMD. Who here, feels that by their being on this site adds value to it in one way or another? I pose my question to any and all site members. Originally Posted by arañanegra
Well, I'd like to think I add some value around here & am (for the most part) thought of fondly
Remove the Y and add ing, now we’re talking, lol.
Remove the Y and add ing, now we’re talking, lol. Originally Posted by arañanegra
lol ... that's fine, I'll take whatever appreciation I can get.
So, again with respect to the Op, why care. I. Trying here but this is arduous. It's do much about nothing. If it's not your company why are you caring about the devaluation.
I'm curious why the value of something I don't personally own matters to anyone. Times change. The value of a company fluctuates. That's all I can say. For us current members, we are just trying to make the best of what we have so we appreciate eccie and the valuation means nothing to us. We are just trying to figure this thing out Originally Posted by ScroogeMcduck
So, again with respect to the Op, why care. I. Trying here but this is arduous. It's do much about nothing. If it's not your company why are you caring about the devaluation. Originally Posted by ScroogeMcduck
Mr Duck, why does it matter to you if he reports on the worth of the company? Your comment is far more meaningless than the OP's post. Or is it that the OP is DJ that you are riled up about?
No I'm asking why someone cares about the value of a company they don't physically own. Makes no sense to me. That's all
Stop the bickering.
The only “worth” I care about on this site is the “worthiness” of the reviews posted on this site…