We will now have to shoot Chinese lead?

The last US lead smelting operation will close on the 31st of December in Missouri because new EPA regulations have made it too expensive to operate. So Obama wins....for now. I guess we'll have to set up some bootleg lead smelting sites. The price of lead will go up and people will begin hoarding lead. So let them keep their guns. We will just increase the cost of the bullets if you can get them.

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/oct2...10-12-092.html
Yep, typical big government deciding winners and losers by fiat.
  • BJerk
  • 10-30-2013, 06:03 AM
Well, the Chinese do love pollution, you could join them in their lead manufacturing paradise. Myself, I like clean air and a government that doesn't think businesses should do whatever they want in the name of profit.
That smelter pumped 59 tons of lead into the air in 2005. There's something wrong with you if you're OK with that....or, are all the scientists and physicians wrong about the harmful effects of lead? That's where we go next, right?

By the way, contrary to the Professor's post, this is not the last lead smelter in the US. It's the last primary lead smelter....there are plenty of secondary smelters around.
The last US lead smelting operation will close on the 31st of December in Missouri because new EPA regulations have made it too expensive to operate. So Obama wins....for now. I guess we'll have to set up some bootleg lead smelting sites. The price of lead will go up and people will begin hoarding lead. So let them keep their guns. We will just increase the cost of the bullets if you can get them.

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/oct2...10-12-092.html Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

Where you been for the last year? Begin to hoard ? Have you tried to buy ammo in a while?
the government is infringing on JD's right to breathe pollution.
the government is infringing on JD's right to breathe pollution. Originally Posted by JCM800
The Professor probably gnawed paint chips off the wall in the cabin he grew up in.....it shrunk his brain stem.
No response by the leftie ninnies about the encroachment of the EPA with uncongressional approved laws or the loss of jobs. Go back and read, a lot of that cost was fines mandated by new regulations. What happened to expo facto? Another blow to the Constitution and we see who's applauding.
JD won't he happy till his air looks like Hong Cong smog ...
Smelting lead is a dirty business.

We destroy American Jobs in the name of EPA, but then will turn around and buy the same lead from an overseas source that probably puts out more pollution in a week as this plant did in a year.
These NWO types are smart. First they buy up BILLIONS of rounds of bullets, causing a shortage. Then they shut down the lead supply....

• CJ7
  • 10-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Obie got to the Chinks too ...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...-declines.html

Mexican ammo anyone?
  • BJerk
  • 10-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Smelting lead is a dirty business.

We destroy American Jobs in the name of EPA, but then will turn around and buy the same lead from an overseas source that probably puts out more pollution in a week as this plant did in a year. Originally Posted by Jackie S
While your statement is true, the pollution stays over there, not here. Oops, it gets imported in the talapia, doesn't it? Is there anyway to make it a safe enough business you would live near one?
  • WTF
  • 10-30-2013, 05:23 PM
JD won't he happy till his air looks like Hong Cong smog ... Originally Posted by i'va biggen
JD's mantra..."Me smog you long time...""
It's not about pollution... it's about causing a shortage of bullets.