About all these food/restaurant threads....

I don't have a problem with them even if they are off topic and growing. My POV on message boards is people vote with their fingers so if they are getting responses, so be it....but I think they could be done better by both the OP and the respondents.

First of all if you are going to a major city, asking the question, "Where should I eat?" is about as helpful as the PM's I get from dawgs saying, "I'm going be in ATL in 2 weeks can you reco a good provider?"

I mean break it down: what kind of food do you like to eat? What price range are you looking for? Casual or fine dining? What part of town? How tough are tables (analogous to her screening)? Special requirements?

[example perfect request for ATL: I'll be staying in Buckhead/Midtown (a neighborhood/part of town). I won't have a car but don't mind reasonable cab rides. I've got an overnight date on Friday & she loves seafood (a type of food). Price is not an issue (discussion on price )range)) but I want to be able to get a table without substantial wait (getting a table easily a requirment). On Saturday, I'd love to find a sports bar in the same area with a good bar menu (quality burgers & beer fine) (speaks to type of food and implicit is a price range) that will happily let an out-of-towner watch their out-of-town football game (special requirement) on at least one screen]

We can all brag on some of the top Zagat-rated places. Hell on the internet...read a couple of reviews and even if you haven't been there you can sound like you have...so why waste folks' time with the no-brainers they can read about themselves.

Personally I'd be more interested in the local gems. The place that is great but doesn't have to be world famous.

Where there are solid local boards, like Houston, I think asking there would give you a better, more recent answer with a bias towards the local gem.

just my never humble opinion (JMNHO)
Check her posting history. She ran here because everybody there is tired of her nonsense.

We don't speak harshly about others or make veiled innuendo's here unless it's about TTH or WTF. Thank you. JB
This was not directed at any specific poster or thread but a series of threads over the last few months....again just my POV on if you want more actionable answers. If all the OP want is a somewhat veiled ad that she may be in your town soon...so be it???
Fair point ATL. I didn't say much other than "fish or seafood" preferred when I recently asked..and I do get frustrated when people just ask for "rec's for Boston"...so I should have known better. Where do you start with a q like that? Also, feedback on all these restaurants, hotels, places to visit etc would be good. It's a pants pitching in and getting zero feedback. I'll be back to update next week after my ATL trip. Hopefully the info will be good for someone else.

C x