Proxy Question

I have a website that I go to. It is a webcam free site. Sometimes there is a cam that is blocked from this area. Others work fine but if a girl is in Dallas and she does not want to be seen in Dallas she can block "TEXAS". She told me I can get around that by using a proxy. I have gone to a few proxy sites and it gets me to the site but it still will not let me see the cam. The error message "not allowed in your area" goes away but I either get a "browser needs Java Script" or I get no cam

Is there something I am doing wrong that still allows the website to see me as TEXAS?

Suggestions?
You should respect the fact that the lady doesn't want her cam visible to people in TX, for whatever reason. Geographic blocking of ip addys is a privacy measure. IMO, you shouldn't be trying to bypass it.
Contrary to what you might think, she told me to figure it out. It is only blocked due to her family.....not me. We are friends. She suggested figuring out the proxy issue hence my question here. She stated that was the only way to see her and being a CS major she felt there was a way, she just did not know exactly how.

So can it be done and how?
Good luck.

While many TORs, proxies and anonymizers abound, not all of them are perfect. And many distant websites have figured out ways to block these and to screen such users pretty well.

So best of luck on entering the desired site. Might just be easier to ask her directly to make a wav of her feed and send you that.Could also show you exactly how much interest she has in you.
sounds a little creepy 2 me, but if you know how to use chrome, you can browse as any user agent and ip u want
I do not know why it is creepy? She lives here, her family lives here and she has Texas blocked so no one in her family will see it. She told me I could watch if I could figure out a way around the block via a proxie or VPN. She just cant lift the block for one person. Whats creepy about that?
  • YoHou
  • 09-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Simple google search man

and I've tried the dallas one, works but its slow.
Simple google search man

and I've tried the dallas one, works but its slow. Originally Posted by YoHou
I tried the first one on the list and it worked. I am new to the VPN/Proxy world. She had said it just had to appear as if the IP was somewhere other than Texas. The other Proxy servers I tried would let me on but they would not stream. This appears to work. Time will tell

THANKS
if you know how to use chrome, you can browse as any user agent and ip u want Originally Posted by vixstudios
lol! I assume (hope) that was meant to be a joke
But in case it was not, NO - chrome cannot let you choose any IP you want - it is just a browser. Yes, you can change user agent - but that just lets your computer pretend to be a mobile device or using a different browser. Your IP address cannot be changed by Chrome. (there are options like TOR or Proxy servers or VPN servers that will allow your destination IP to be different - but not Chrome in itself)

While many TORs, proxies and anonymizers abound, not all of them are perfect. And many distant websites have figured out ways to block these and to screen such users pretty well. Originally Posted by ck1942
Not really. A website can get the IP from where a computer is connecting - but nothing beyond that *
So, if a user in TX connects thru' a proxy server (or VPN Server) in say NJ, to the destination website, the destination website will only see the IP of the proxy server (or VPN server) in NJ. That's the whole point of a Proxy/VPN server.

*There are ways to analyze incoming traffic to figure out the true source, but is requires time & resources (including court orders at times) to be able to get logs from all the proxy servers that could be used. It *can* be done, but normal websites (read - non-LE) will almost never be able to do that.
Be very careful with user names and passwords on proxy sites. They information is cached on them and is a data collector.

You will get hacked with the wrong ones.
I have a website that I go to. It is a webcam free site. Sometimes there is a cam that is blocked from this area. Others work fine but if a girl is in Dallas and she does not want to be seen in Dallas she can block "TEXAS". She told me I can get around that by using a proxy. I have gone to a few proxy sites and it gets me to the site but it still will not let me see the cam. The error message "not allowed in your area" goes away but I either get a "browser needs Java Script" or I get no cam

Is there something I am doing wrong that still allows the website to see me as TEXAS?

Suggestions? Originally Posted by Introuble
It's telling you that you need to enable java because java is disabled in all good proxies because there is a new exploit in it that allows your identity to more easily be found. Most people use proxies to be anonymous that's why most proxy browsers leave it out.
It's telling you that you need to enable java because java is disabled in all good proxies because there is a new exploit in it that allows your identity to more easily be found. Most people use proxies to be anonymous that's why most proxy browsers leave it out. Originally Posted by ladylove12
The proxy server folks simply use a lower end product for the freebe access, which has issues, and security limitations as LL mentions, as the the revenue stream for that is limited. However, they all offer paid subscription service which gets access to their high end systems.