Maybe I'm just paranoid

Am I wrong for bailing out here?.... I recently setup with a provider who has very few reviews. We agreed on a time and 30mims prior she wanted to push it back half a hour, no problem. But, when time came she sends me the address and then asked what car I was driving....odd? I ignored the question and headed to the location. When I asked her for a room# she asked again what I was driving (not sure why that matters).... I circled the building and just left after seeing a unmarked LE car..... Am I just paranoid here?
It may cause problems sometimes. But, it is always best to go with your gut feeling, whether you are the host or the guest. Too many folks out there that want to ruin your day, possibly your life.
Nope, you weren't wrong at all. Always trust your gut instincts and trust them double in the hobby. Better that you miss that appt rather than run into LE. You live to hobby another day. I am curious though, did you text her at all when you left? If so, what was her reply? That whole thing sounds fishy.
Am I wrong for bailing out here?.... I recently setup with a provider who has very few reviews. We agreed on a time and 30mims prior she wanted to push it back half a hour, no problem. But, when time came she sends me the address and then asked what car I was driving....odd? I ignored the question and headed to the location. When I asked her for a room# she asked again what I was driving (not sure why that matters).... I circled the building and just left after seeing a unmarked LE car..... Am I just paranoid here? Originally Posted by hardthrob
Did she contact you again after you bailed? Asking you why? Said she would blacklist you, showed concern, etc?
and then asked what car I was driving....odd? Am I just paranoid here? Originally Posted by hardthrob
yes, you are being paranoid.. she just wanted to make sure you were not operating the type of motor vehicle that the local popo uses..

i've had several ladies ask me the same question and i've never had a problem..
  • MK122
  • 11-29-2018, 10:57 PM
yes, you are being paranoid.. she just wanted to make sure you were not operating the type of motor vehicle that the local popo uses..

i've had several ladies ask me the same question and i've never had a problem.. Originally Posted by honest_abe
There was a LE car in the lot according to OP.

Either that or it could’ve been ex-police - the ex-police Crown Victorias are very popular in the car world.
NOT paranoid. I’ve never asked what a client was driving. Why would I? It’s weird. There may not have even been a girl in the room. Was it a bad motel? You shouldn’t ever enter those. Or a 5 star or an apartment? Why take a chance. Continue to Plan B.
And an unmarked LE car? Could be a sting. Or a pimp could rob you as you parked and stepped out of your vehicle.

Trust well reviewed ladies with a great reputation, on this site or P411. Lots of safe ladies here.
Only time I ask about the car is if the guy says he is having trouble finding my door and is circling around. Also she might ask if she is trying to get a look at you before you get to the door.
So she did contact me after I bailed, mainly just mad she missed out on another call for me. As for the LE car, it was a blacked out charger with a grill guard and a small sheriffs logo on the grill guard. It just didn't feel right how she was very adamant on knowing what I was driving......
  • BLM69
  • 11-30-2018, 06:01 AM
She was the paranoid one, LE doesn't roll on black and whites or crown vics anymore when they're coming for you.
OP, she wanted to know your ride so she could look from her window and look at you before she gave you her room number, and to make sure you were really there.
That’s an old BP screening method. They want to see you get out of a non police car, with no one else inside.
She was the paranoid one, LE doesn't roll on black and whites or crown vics anymore when they're coming for you. Originally Posted by BLM69
Police departments buy vehicles in fleets, used to be crown victorias, then caprices, then mustangs, now chargers. They definitely would not roll in b&w.
  • BLM69
  • 11-30-2018, 08:04 AM
That’s an old BP screening method. They want to see you get out of a non police car, with no one else inside.

Police departments buy vehicles in fleets, used to be crown victorias, then caprices, then mustangs, now chargers. They definitely would not roll in b&w. Originally Posted by Lester Krinklesac
I was surprised to see 2 people getting pulled over in regular unsuspecting cars lately, I'm still in shock about that. Vice has always used regular cars to get the bad guys, look at old cops episodes
I always reply that I'm driving a Green 1975 AMC Gremlin.
  • dgc92
  • 11-30-2018, 08:35 AM
It's a pretty common question, and the unmarked cop car was most likely unrelated. I see how it might spook someone relatively new to the hobby, but there's nothing too suspicious here.