Google Voice issues

Been using GV (Legacy GV version) for years free with no problem, due to not liking the newer version. Last week Legacy GV started acting up. Can receive texts but can't send out texts anymore. Was using the this old legacy GV version because found it better and more compact than the newer version. After playing around with GV it seems to make it work you now have to use the newer GV version, which works but not as well as the old Legacy GV.

Anyone else notice this?
I'm not sure about the Legacy GV, hadn't heard of it. I've been using GV, I'm assuming just the regular one, since 2013 though with no issues thankfully.

Amber Does had issues similar to yours awhile back, with GV, and decided to change apps - I can't remember what she uses now but she's pretty tech savy and knowledgeable with that stuff so maybe reach out to her for help or suggestions.
Text now. Has never not worked
ToriStarr
Legacy GV is merely the old version of GV which worked great for years. Then GV moved to a new format that I didn't really like but GV let you still use the old version which worked fine up to last week when it no longer let you send text messages with. To send text now it appears the new GV version must be used but am having problems linking new GV up with a burner phone.

TechnoViking
TextNow works good but can it be linked to a burner phone?

Textfree Web, seems to work well to, after testing it out a bit.