Share one of your best recipes

We seem to have alot of different people, from different areas here. I would be neat if we all shared one of our best recipes. I will start and hope you all join in.

I worked on this one for more than 2 years to get it just right. I have
been told it's better than mcalister's, jason's deli etc...

Broccoli and cheese soup serves 10 people (large servings)

ingredients
1/2 cup stick butter
medium size yellow onion(diced)
2 16 oz bags frozen chopped broccoli
6 cups water, 5 chicken bullion cubes per 6 cups water
(put the bullion cubes in the water and pop in microwave for 3 mins. it only
has to start disolving to be ready for second step in cooking)
2 lbs velvetta cheese cubed
1 cup whole milk
2.5 tblspoons garlic powder
.5 tblspoon white pepper
.5 tblspoon paprika(this brings out the orange of the cheese go easy or color changes)
.5 tblspoon taragon( this adds a woody, nutty flavor add more if desired)
.5 tblspoon salt
3/4 cup cornstarch, with enough water to liquify it about 3/4cup water

cooking instructions (warning some stoves are diff. I sometimes turn my temp.
below the medium sugjested for all steps, sometimes I go to a low medium temp.)

step 1
approx 15 mins.
medium heat in a large pot approx 2 gallon size
melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter until softened.

step 2
approx 15 mins.
medium heat
Stir in broccoli,and cover with chicken broth. Simmer until broccoli is tender.
I sometimes short this a few minutes becuase I love the broccoli crisper.

step 3
approx 20 mins.
medium heat
add cheese cubes, milk, paprika,white pepper,
garlic powder, taragon and salt, till cheese melts

Step 4
5 mins.
medium heat
stir in starch water mixture, stir in slowly and stir constantly 5 mins.
Add it a little at a time once its all in continue to stir for the full
5 mins, then turn off the heat.

It's ready as soon as it's cool enough to eat.

I'm not fat I'm fluffy.
Chris
Sounds Yummy.

Hard to choose just 1, so here are 2 that I enjoy making from time to time...

Stuffed Hamburger (Serves 4)

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Seasoning
  • 4 strips bacon (any flavor), diced
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
  • 4 burger buns
  • Lettuce, tomato, etc. for garnish
Directions

1. Preheat grill to medium.
2. In a bowl combine Beef, Garlic and Seasoning
3. Tear off a piece of meat put on grill until desire liking, taste add seasoning if needed.
4. Form 8 evenly thin patties about ½ inch thick, set aside
5. In a skillet heat up and fry bacon until crispy (you can either fry the bacon in strips then cut in pieces or cut in pieces then fry)
6. Remove bacon (leave grease in pan) and place on paper towel plate to drain
7. Saute onions in bacon grease until tender
8. Place Bacon, Cheese and Onion in bowl and mix with fingers
9. Grab a spoonful of bacon/cheese mixture form into ball and place in center of patties…(do this on 4 of the patties)
10. Place the other 4 patties on top of the mixture patties and seal the edges with your fingers.
11. The middle will be puffy, don’t squash it down
12. Grill burgers over med/high heat, flip once until desired doneness.
13. Serve on buns and top with garnish

When you bite into the hamburger you will taste the surprise of the cheese, bacon and onion mixture.

Dutch Apple Pie

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • Cinnamon/Nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
  • 2 or 3 medium Apples thinly sliced peeled
  • 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)

STREUSEL TOPPING:
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • Cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons cold butter
Directions

• In a large bowl, combine the sugar and flour. Stir in the egg, vanilla and sour cream; stir until smooth.
  • Add apples; mix well. Add desire amount of Cinnamon/Nutmeg
  • Pour into pie crust. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
  • Reduce heat to 325° and bake for 30 minutes more.
  • For topping, combine flour and sugar and desire cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over pie;
  • Bake 20 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned.
  • Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or chilled.
  • Store in the refrigerator.
  • 04-11-2010, 11:37 AM
A few pounds of boneless skinless chicken
A couple of sticks of butter
A bottle of Tabasco sauce

Toss in the crockpot for several hours.
Artichoke Dip

2 can water-packed artichokes hearts (buy the quartered ones, less chopping)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup Hellman's Real Mayo (don't use any other brand or any "fat free" stuff - won't taste as good.
6-8 garlic cloves, minced

Chop the artichoke hearts into pieces and add the mozzarella, Parmesan, garlic, and mayo. Mix together and put in a Pyrex dish. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until it's browned. Serve with plain Melba toast rounds.
Nice so far, that dip sounds really good.
I can't bake but I think even I could make the pie.
And that chicken sounds hotwings heaven, but the whole freakin chicken.
Macho taco pizza

1 pizza crust...I like Boboli

1 jar pizza sauce

1 lb hamburger

1 package taco seasoning

shredded cheese..(how ever much you like)

jalapenos..(how ever many you like)

shredded lettuce

diced tomato

Sour cream

------------------------

Preheat oven per crust instructions

Add taco seasoning to hamburg meat and brown...(drain)

sauce the pizza dough

Add meat on top of sauce ..you can add the jal peppers now or later

cover in cheese

cook 15 mins

Once out of oven cut and add the lettuce and tomato and sour cream as you like...
  • yeesh
  • 04-12-2010, 07:03 AM
Ol' Uncle Yeeshs' Fried Chicken Strips

8-10 boneless, skinless chicken breast strips
3 Tablespoons Tiger Sauce
6 eggs
1/4 cup milk

Dry Ingredients-
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup corn meal
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon chili powder

24oz. vegetable oil

Take the cut chicken strips and place in a large Ziploc bag with the Tiger sauce. Seal and marinate for at least 4 hours.

Combine all the dry ingredients in a large plastic bag (the veggie bags from HEB work good) and shake until well mixed.

Crack eggs in a large mixing bowl, add the milk, and mix. Also, you can add a few shots of Tabasco to the egg wash if you like.

Take the marinated chicken strips and put them in the bag of seasoned flour and give it a good shake. Take out the strips and place them in the egg wash. Pour the remaining flour mix into a glass cake or casserole pan. Remove the chicken strips from the egg wash and put them in the flour mix and coat thoroughly.

Pour the vegetable oil into a large frying skillet and heat to 375 degrees. Once heated, place the strips on the pan and turn every 3-5 min. until golden brown. Place the fried strips on a paper towel lined plate and allow to set for a few minutes. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce (Ranch dressing or BBQ).

Enjoy!
  • 04-27-2010, 10:46 AM
I realized most of my recipes have a theme, e.g.:

A few pounds of drained browned lean ground beef
A jar of spicy marinara

or

A few pounds of pork loin
A cup of cinnamon applesauce
A stick of butter
An onion, chopped
tossed in a crockpot
Take one beautiful woman, freshly cleaned, spread legs, and dine until satisfied.
Done.

Now here's a simple recipe for pulled pork.

Cut pork loin roast so when stacked with vertical grain, the pieces are even in your crock pot. Season to taste (ex, chili powder, black pepper, white pepper, salt). Add a can of diced tomatoes. Add about 1/2 cup of diced onions (frozen seasoning blend if you're lazy). Pour some sweetener (corn syrup, molasses) to taste (start with 1/8 cup). Pour about twice as much vinegar. Add some cooking wine until meat is totally covered. Cook on low 10-12 hours.

Carefully lift meat out onto cutting board. Using two forks, scrap fat off (add to doggie bowl). Going across the grain use the forks to pull the pork (it should be real easy). Place pulled pieces into bowl. When done remove any fat pieces from sauce still in crock pot. Pour sauce onto meat in bowl. Serve using perforated spoon to drain most of sauce from meat.

Goes good as sandwich (open or closed), on salad, over fritos, etc.

Store in sauce in fridge.

Microwavable.
Stuffed jalapeno's
I think everyone has had these, but I just had them last night with a new cream cheese on the market and they were the best so far.

12 Jalapeno's
1 container cheddar jalapeno cream cheese
1 pack of bacon

Cut the jalapeno's in half and core them(remove all seeds and membranes)
Fill each half jalapeno with cream cheese (spoon or butter knife works well)
Wrap with bacon(take a pack of bacon open and take the bacon strips, strech them slightly to make them longer, then cut them in half so they are half as long as they were in the pack, place one end of a bacon strip on one end of a stuffed jalapeno, hold with thumb and wind the bacon around the jalapeno to the other end, no need to toothpick.)
If you cook on grill monitor well because the grease from the bacon may cause flare ups. If in oven, I spray slotted metal rack with pam, then put a casserol dish under it to catch the grease, ~35-45mins. at 350. When the bacon is done it's ready and I like my bacon crispy.
I've had these with lots of differenct cream cheeses, and this new one is fantastic.
This is quite possibly the simplest roast chicken recipes, and it comes from one of the best chefs in the world. It's a weekly staple at my house. You need a good quality chicken for this, as a standard chicken from the grocery store might be too lean. Get one from Whole Foods or Central Market, and you'll thank me later. If you don't know how to truss a chicken, get the butcher on duty to do it for you, that's what they're there for.

Thomas Keller's Simple Roast Chicken

1 3-4 pound fryer chicken
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lemon, quartered, and fresh thyme and parsley (optional)

About 2.5 hours before you plan to eat, preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and remove the chicken from the fridge, unwrap, and season liberally with salt and pepper, inside and out. (It is almost impossible to over-season the bird, so be generous.) Remove the wishbone if the butcher hasn't already done this for you. Place the lemon and herbs, if using, inside the bird. Let the chicken sit on the counter for at least an hour before roasting (It needs to get the chill knocked off of it so it will roast evenly.). Place the chicken in an oven-proof pan, and place chicken in the oven. Check the bird every 15 minutes to be sure it is browning evenly. Roast until the bird is 155 degrees in the breast, and 165-170 in the thickest part of the thigh, about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of your bird. The only way to be absolutely sure your bird is cooked and not raw is to take it's temperature. You can find a good quality meat thermometer at a well-stocked cooking store, or Ace-Mart. Remove the pan from the oven, and place the bird on a cutting board. Let the bird rest for at least 15 minutes, 30 would be better. Carve and consume mass quantities. Save that carcass for stock. Trust me on this. If you're going to pay $10 for a chicken, you'll want to save the carcass for stock and get every penny you can out of that bird.
I use the stuffed jalapeño recipe but I add shrimp and use peppered bacon and BBQ them!
Had this friday it's easy, it's a german dish I was told and tasted great, had a slight zing to it.

cut up 4 or 5 potatoes, put in pot cover with water boil 15 mins.
drain half the water
open can of sourkroute(yeah my spelling sucks) pour juice and all into pot, add any smoked sausage(cut up first)(1 pack. approx pound)
simmer 15-20 mins.
the potatoes sourkroute and sausage have a wonderful blend with a slight zing.
will feed about 5 people.
Take one beautiful woman, freshly cleaned, spread legs, and dine until satisfied. Originally Posted by KisserSoze
Very good, F-in HYSTERICAL!!!!:mf_laughbounce2 :