The stones

Anyone going to the rolling stones concert on june6th in Toronto my friend was just there last Saturday and said they sounded great for how old thy are opened up with get off my cloud and did three oncors jumping jack flash, you can't always get want you want , satisfaction I have my ticket
Finally somebody starts a thread about whores
The Stones have not sounded good since the 80's when they introduce a tremendous amount of eye candy into their shows to distract the audience from the way they sound.
That is a bit harsh. Everytime I miss the opportunity to see a "legend" that very well may noy visit our area ever again I regret it. I really am not picky about the quality, you can buy a "record" if you want perfection. Just off the top of my head, in the past year the Beach Boys (with Brian Wilson), Ian Hunter, Ringo, Bob Dylan and Roger Mcguinn have all played locally and who knows if they will ever return. The Stones are a must see.
The Stones are a must see. Originally Posted by cale1964
Were a must see. If they'd take their place, and play in a night club for reasonable $, I'd agree. But to command top dollar for a has-been performance is shameful in my eyes. Maybe if they were creating something new but their sucking their own ancient teets.

I'd love to see Jerry Rice, but not in the NFL at 48 or so.

I love Bob Dylan. One of the greatest. I wouldn't cross the street to hear him play music for free. I've seen it, it's awful. Like listening to several farm animals give birth while an obnoxious friend keeps asking for fifty cents. I'd travel 1000 miles to hear him talk about songwriting and his life.

As much as we're entitled to our opinions people who pay top dollar for these crappy shows are creating part of our nation's economic problem.

I sincerely hope you guys enjoy your show. But I suspect you're missing the real must-sees chasing has-beens.
That is a bit harsh. Originally Posted by cale1964
No it wasn't harsh. Those tickets were very expensive back then. The concert sucked. They would have been better piping in a soundtrack and lip synching.

I saw Motley Crew and Aerosmith mail it in a few years ago. Disappointing as hell.

I saw the Doobie Brothers farewell tour in 1983. They did not even go to the effort to mail it in. The Doobie Brothers played for 45 minutes, a total of four songs. I hope some pisses in their bong water.

I saw Eric Clapton a couple of months ago. No laser light show. No eye candy. Just good music. I closed my eyes a couple of times and just listened ...
I agree with you 100% on the effort part. I maintain that the Stones still know how to put on a show, though. An expensive show, but a show none the less. I think my point is, while I don't remember every note from the 1981 show at Rich Stadium, I still vividly remember the feeling as Mick came out onstage smiling mischievously, pointing his finger at the crowd, and chastizing us for basically booing Journey off the stage. After that, the electric feeling of the opening notes to Under My Thumb as I saw The Rolling Stones for the first time was something I will never forget.

Eric Clapton has a work ethic and more talent in one finger than probably Motley Crew and the Doobies combined. Even though the Sones may not sound perfect, I doubt whether many other seventy year olds could quite entertain 20,000 people ranging in ages from 15 to 70.
Motley Crew Originally Posted by cale1964
I'd have let this go, but since their name was twice misspelled: Mötley Crüe
Sorry, how does one type that umlat? (sic)
Sorry, how does one type that umlat? (sic) Originally Posted by cale1964
On an iPhone, hold the letter, 'u', until options appear.
The Rolling Stones are unique. What other band can claim that they've been performing for 50 plus years. The energy and stamina that they have is truly amazing. "Rock On", Stones, and stay on that cloud.
The Rolling Stones are unique. What other band can claim that they've been performing for 50 plus years. The energy and stamina that they have is truly amazing. "Rock On", Stones, and stay on that cloud. Originally Posted by BfloEd
My girlfriend's mother has been performing over 70 years, I'm not about to pay top dollar to have her perform for me.
Praise be the baby Tebow!
Best show I've ever seen was either McCartney in Toronto or Leonard Cohen in London. Cohen wins because he completely turned around my opinion of him.