Don't be fooled - logical fallacies on ECCIE - they're everywhere

I see that we have a lot of frequent posters who are having trouble being persuasive. The key to persuasion is to have a good argument. Without it, you may convince a few of your friends, but leave others just shaking their heads.

Here's a link that I found for identifying logical fallacies, also known as bullsh*t arguments.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

How many logical fallacies can you find on ECCIE? Please copy some examples here and tell us which logical fallacy is the best fit, in your opinion.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of the bullsh*t arguments we see on ECCIE are wrong on a number of levels, so there's not always just one answer. But it really only takes one proof that someone's argument is a logical fallacy, and it will fall like a house of cards.

Beware: if your proof contains a logical fallacy, it may also be a bullsh*t argument. But let's try to have fun with this without being disrespectful or abusive. Not in an attempt to change anyone's basic character flaws, but just as an exercise to see whether it can be done, or if we are just incapable of carrying on a civil discourse.
Handy chart.
Attached Images File Type: png Screenshot_2014-04-26-09-44-37-1.png (141.7 KB, 294 views)
Well, when this hoogar board dee-voted ta a-payin' fer pussy offishully bee-cums a dee-bait club 'r a kollege class in logic an' rhett-o-rick we'uns kin all 'lect yew two mayor an' mayor pro-tem by acclamayshun.
Well, when this hoogar board dee-voted ta a-payin' fer pussy offishully bee-cums a dee-bait club 'r a kollege class in logic an' rhett-o-rick we'uns kin all 'lect yew two mayor an' mayor pro-tem by acclamayshun.
Originally Posted by David.Douchehurst
My esteemed colleague points out that this may not be the right venue for this type of discourse. I respectfully disagree, and here's why:

Rhetoric is the art of persuasion using the most effective available means. As such, it is the world's oldest profession, predating pay for play and college professors.

When a baby cries out for the tit, what does the little bugger use? Rhetoric, however nonverbal.

When the mighty hunter stalks the woolly mammoth, what does he use? Rhetoric, possibly in the form of a woolly mammoth mating call.

When a provider wants to drum up business, what does she use? Rhetoric. Some have more tools in their tool belt, as in other areas, but rest assured, every single one uses rhetoric.

When a guy wants to check out the provider's talents, what does he use? Rhetoric. "Hey, you've got a nice ass, and I'd really like to meet up with it. How about a little one on one with a nice guy."

So I would argue that this is totally relevant to our purpose here.

Oh, and by the way, hoogar boards don't have mayors, and if they did, I would not seek or accept any such nomination. Although it is kind of my esteemed colleague to suggest it, I have literally zero interest.
Or he could just schedule an appointment.
These girls don't want anything else from you, otherwise you are just wasting their time.
They don't want their time wasted by dead weight, they are here to make money to pay bills.
Rhetoric is unnecessary and unwanted!
Has Centaur re-manifested from the ether and taken shape as Rousseau???

With respect, and as a pro wordsmith and rhetorician myself, there are likely less than a handful of people even know what a logical fallacy is and there is little ' persuading ' when it comes to this board. A provider finds her niche or target audience (and believe me that typically had nothing to do with her proficiency in English.) and the punters find that which appeals to them and the exchange is the passing of a few bills, thrusts and grunts.

Is much as I love intellectually roundhouse kicking RockerRicks dick into the dirt ( he knows I adore him anyway ) this is a tawdry fungible market economy, not the hallowed marble halls of the School of Socrates. Unfortunate but true.

You may find the prose here vulgar and wish you could change or elevate it. It is a noble sentiment to be sure. But RR is right. If you're not contributing this may not be the place for intellectual grandstanding. Find some providers who's company you enjoy, write a few truthful reviews to the best of your considerable diction and people will be much more apt to read what you have to say otherwise.

Happy Punting!
Mr rrousseau,

With respect, what does this thread have to do with finding better pussy and sharing information about one's experience with local providers?

You may have all kinds of board credibility and lots of reviews elsewhere, but why should local ATX hobbyists and providers pay any attention to someone who has never bothered to share a single review of the local ladies? Just curious...

I am no where near as eloquent as Ms V, or as blunt as RR, so forgive my sincere recommendation for you to go out and see if you can find an ATX lady for some BCD run, write a review, and then come back to provide your advice on whether it was a good experience and whether others would like the lady. Repeat as often as necessary whenever you get diarrhea of the mouth.

And in the spirit of eccie info sharing, Ms V is just as eloquent BCD as she is on the boards. If you haven't seen her, run-don't walk to get an appointment with her, because this lady is one of the best ever at "rocking my cawk."

Less typing, more fucking is desirable.
Thank you BB. You're so very kind. A morning kiss from me to you!!!
Ms V, you know me, I would never be satisfied with just a morning kiss.

I like your style and pizzazz. Your take no prisioners approach shows lots of class. I need to take lessons from you--in a lot of things.
  • Toyz
  • 03-26-2015, 08:48 AM
So, is anybody going to fuck, or what? {{{Nuke LaLoosh...}}}

And welcome back dear Centaur! I have missed your grandiose prose and deeply hidden meanings.

However, the type of writing that is most persuasive/effective in this particular venue can best be gleaned from the Urban Dictionary.

Excessive flowering of statements made here might stroke the ego of the author, might engage a select few responses, but largely go right over the proverbial head of the vast majority.

A guy logs on here usually when he's horny. His brain is ALREADY struggling for oxygen. Now you are asking him to dust off his thesaurus just to understand what you are saying?

Most simply ignore the well written response and take up arms with the bullshitter...this has been evidenced & supported here just this week!
Haha!!! It's also difficult to think much less to turn an eloquent phrase when a chap has only one hand for the typing and it's usually his left!
I too feel the need to chime in saying that the exercise proposed here is outside the cited purpose of this board. I will go a step further by saying that almost any discussion here is so chocked full of logic fallacies that it would be near impossible to find more than one volley that is succinct and to the point. We live in world where a strawman is not only accepted but considered correct in many non-acidemia circles.
Haha!!! It's also difficult to think much less to turn an eloquent phrase when a chap has only one hand for the typing and it's usually his left! Originally Posted by Miss Valentina
My resolve is stiffing.

I too feel the need to chime in saying that the exercise proposed here is outside the cited purpose of this board. I will go a step further by saying that almost any discussion here is so chocked full of logic fallacies that it would be near impossible to find more than one volley that is succinct and to the point. We live in world where a strawman is not only accepted but considered correct in many non-acidemia circles. Originally Posted by Bob McV
See RockerRick's extraordinary efficacy with the ad hominem. He's the Picasso of the ad hominem.

Rhetoric only works and is only fun if the players know the rules and well Rousseau, you have Bob and myself, Jennslolli and perhaps just a few more with whom I am not familiar. I'm afraid you will tire quickly of just talking to us.

It seems the most bloviating loudest shit talking eccie'ers who have crawled up from the dankest sewers of the English lexicon have found a welcoming forum here. They cannot be "reasoned with" because they are in fact entirely devoid of such virtues.

In fact it seems to be less a hooker board sometimes than a Brain Diaper Change Delivery System with as many brains you can literally watch shit the floor of their skull. Stick around and watch. It's fun.

Masterbating Masterdebaters Unite!

Bob McV and Jennslolli get down

Nerdragin' Miss V
Ad Hominem