chip shortage continues

Car factories are having to shut down some production due to chip shortages. Ford has thousands of finished pickups sitting in empty lots, awaiting chips.

Why the chip shortage ? Well, it is because of Mr.. Trump. He was unable to see the consequences of his policies. He shut off the chip supply from China SMIC, one of the worlds biggest producers of chips. You don't replace and build chip capacity overnight.....it takes a long lead time.

But Mr. Trump wouldn't know anything about that. He just understands commercial real estate and marketing.

The current economy continues to suffer from Mr. Trump.
Chip shortage is so damned irritating. My damned pool dolphin is on 4 month backorder.
  • Tiny
  • 09-04-2021, 09:54 AM
I don’t think you can blame it mostly on Trump. Yes the tariff and trade wars were stupid. But COVID, which also shut factories and disrupted supply chains, played a much bigger part.
Car factories are having to shut down some production due to chip shortages. Ford has thousands of finished pickups sitting in empty lots, awaiting chips.

Why the chip shortage ? Well, it is because of Mr.. Trump. He was unable to see the consequences of his policies. He shut off the chip supply from China SMIC, one of the worlds biggest producers of chips. You don't replace and build chip capacity overnight.....it takes a long lead time.

But Mr. Trump wouldn't know anything about that. He just understands commercial real estate and marketing.

The current economy continues to suffer from Mr. Trump. Originally Posted by VitaMan
There's no longer a Chip Shortage. Besides the majority of Ford's Chips are manufactured in Japan not China by Renesas Electronics. There was a fire at the company which delayed production.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...tors-delivery/
Hope for more than just cars are in short supply.
Why the chip shortage ? Well, it is because of Mr.. Trump.... Originally Posted by VitaMan
Sorry to hear about the hemorrhoids that Trump gave you too.
I don’t think you can blame it mostly on Trump. Yes the tariff and trade wars were stupid. But COVID, which also shut factories and disrupted supply chains, played a much bigger part. Originally Posted by Tiny
Taiwan makes chips. So does South Korea and the US.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/12/14...emiconductors/

TSMC In Taiwan is the worlds largest chip maker

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/the...le-11624075400
I prefer the sour-cream & onion versions.
Can always find those.
IJS
/s
Trump was a secret lockdown lover. He was the only president to force a lockdown. So, I do think H I M fucked up by doing that. That was probably the most fascist thing H I M has ever done.
Maybe you are right. Maybe Trump should not take the full blame for the chip shortage, which is still ongoing.

But then......maybe Joe should not be taking full blame for the Afghanistan situation and the economy.
There's no longer a Chip Shortage. Besides the majority of Ford's Chips are manufactured in Japan not China by Renesas Electronics. There was a fire at the company which delayed production.
/ Originally Posted by Levianon17

GM is cutting production for lack of chips. Ford has thousands of pick up trucks, finished and assembled, that need chips. Check with them about your statement.
Maybe you are right. Maybe Trump should not take the full blame for the chip shortage, which is still ongoing.

But then......maybe Joe should not be taking full blame for the Afghanistan situation and the economy. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Your such a JOKEster...
GM is cutting production for lack of chips. Ford has thousands of pick up trucks, finished and assembled, that need chips. Check with them about your statement. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Read the fucking link.
WASHINGTON, Sept 2 (Reuters) - General Motors Co will reduce production at most North American assembly plants this month because of the ongoing semiconductor chip shortage, hitting its profitable truck and sport utility vehicles, it said on Thursday.

The largest U.S. automaker will halt production next week at its Fort Wayne plant in Indiana and its Silao plant in Mexico, both of which build pickup trucks. In total, GM is cutting production at eight North American assembly plants in September.

The industry-wide chip shortage is causing massive auto production cuts around the globe and auto industry officials say the problem is getting worse.
Lol.