Either maltipoo, miniature shitzu,Maltese.. is etc
Preferably all one color
Serious inquires plz..
And yes I’ve tried shelters,petsmart etc but don’t want to pay 400-1000$
Please rescue!
  • BLM69
  • 10-14-2018, 03:51 PM
Stop being cheap and pay what they're worth
There's no such thing as a miniature Shih Tzu. Also, shelters do not charge $400 to $1000. They charge an adoption fee. Which is minimal. Animal comes vaccinated, microchipped and spayed or neutered. Can't get a better deal than that and you are saving a life. Buying dogs only keeps back yard breeders in the business of over breeding dogs that are usually unhealthy and have genetic issues. We have over 1.2 million unwanted dogs euthanized yearly in shelters in the U.S.
#adopt
Yeah, what Katrina said! That animal that you rescue will turn out to be the best-fucking-friend you've ever had. Plus, the adoption fee's are going to be waaaaaaaaaay less than what you would pay some dog breeder for your "perfectly" bred animal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO9d2PpP7tQ
  • dgc92
  • 10-14-2018, 04:51 PM
I thought this thread would be about people who are having sex with dogs. And I wondered whether it was the literal kind that mistakes your leg for pussy, or the metaphorical kind that you take home when it's last call and it's either her or your right hand for the night.

But this is cool too.
I'm a big fan of adopting dogs, and other animals, from shelters as my motley crew of animals here will attest to. But if you're searching for a specific type of dog, especially puppies, you might need to do a lot of research and shopping to find the perfect fit for you and your household.

Petfinder, craigslist and there are a lot of specific breed rescue groups that offer animals for a lower cost. Sometimes.

I have a 3 yr old shelter (huge!) black dog and a few years ago, was considering getting him a female standard poodle (have always wanted one) to be friends with. He has a shy nature and is also sensitive in a similar fashion as poodles.

I found the whole process of finding a reputable breeder, etc., to be a real pain in the ass plus wasn't looking for a puppy. Really was looking for an adult female poodle that was around a year or 2 old that someone couldn't keep or had belonged to an older person who needed someone to take their dog, etc.

Maybe after doing a lot of research, and taking your time, you can find a dog that needs a really good home that was spoiled by someone else ... and already potty trained!

The "reputable" breeders were exceptionally picky about who they sold puppies to plus the price was a premium but I wasn't looking for a "deal," just the perfect dog to fit in with my household. Oh well.

I tried. The price wasn't as much of an issue as me not wishing to sign a contract promising to feed the dog a certain diet, etc. If you find a good breeder, chances are great (unless over-the-top dog breeders are just a thing with standard poodles) that they'll wish to vet you (interviews, house visits, contracts, heck ... after speaking to a lady about her 3 year old poodle, half expected her to request a credit check!).

Anyway ... look around. If you're willing to drive to another town, or a shelter in another city, that'll help with your options.

That's my cheap advice this evening!

Good luck!
Elisabeth

P.S. Some of the online dog rescue groups can also be rather fussy about adopting their dogs out. I live in an actual house with a backyard, but personally found the situation to be appalling at some of the new-owner requirements that some ask before selling or adopting a dog.
Please rescue! Originally Posted by DFWClubgoer
Yes this! Way too many that need a home.
Yeah, what Katrina said! That animal that you rescue will turn out to be the best-fucking-friend you've ever had. Plus, the adoption fee's are going to be waaaaaaaaaay less than what you would pay some dog breeder for your "perfectly" bred animal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO9d2PpP7tQ Originally Posted by slubby
Wish everyone thought this way I'm one of the ones picking up the poor puppies that the dog breeders over breed and finding them homes. It's heartbreaking
I actually haven’t looked in shelters due to me thinking the” cutest “dogs would be gone as soon as fast as they arrive
I’ve spoke with people on sites who are selling them, and they’re prices are outrageous as I previously stated! However I have two rescue cats currently so I do agree with the rescue animals aspect. I’ll seeking specific age and breed and color FYI
Stop being cheap and pay what they're worth Originally Posted by BLM69

Do you ACTUALLY pay providers what they’re WORTH or what u can afford or think they’re worth?!
  • BLM69
  • 10-15-2018, 01:15 AM
Do you ACTUALLY pay providers what they’re WORTH or what u can afford or think they’re worth?! Originally Posted by Exotic_gem
What they're worth to me, Not what they think they're worth. I only posted that because if a guy posted "need a great BJ but want to pay about a third of your posted donation" he'll be called cheap.

Don't take it personal, everyone likes to pay less for stuff, hit the dog pound and get a cute mutt. Nothing wrong with that
  • Crock
  • 10-15-2018, 10:09 AM
Specifically looking for great deal on healthy puppy
Either maltipoo, miniature shitzu,Maltese.. is etc
Preferably all one color Originally Posted by Exotic_gem
You don't seem to have a particular breed in mind, but rather a particular type of dog. I think you'll find much healthier dogs, with much better temperament, in shelters rather than from a breeder. ESPECIALLY if you're looking at bargain breeders. And you're very likely to find one that fits the type you describe, even if you have to visit on a few different occasions.
Check with your local humane society, they make sure the dog is in good health before you get them. I would never support a dog breeder, that's just me. Most of those dogs are so sick and kept it horrible living conditions.

Maybe even check online, I know lots of dog owners will look to rehome their dog after a while they realize they don't want them anymore.
I actually haven’t looked in shelters due to me thinking the” cutest “dogs would be gone as soon as fast as they arrive
I’ve spoke with people on sites who are selling them, and they’re prices are outrageous as I previously stated! However I have two rescue cats currently so I do agree with the rescue animals aspect. I’ll seeking specific age and breed and color FYI Originally Posted by Exotic_gem
I’m not even trying to be rude so please don’t take this the wrong way but if you think the breeder/adoption fees are outrageous you probably can’t afford to own a dog. I have a 10month old German Shepherd that I have spent easily thousands on already between food, vet, visits/vacations/neutering, training etc. owning a dog is super expensive and doesn’t get better after adoption.