Anyone else receiev spam from darien?

Darien Provider darien.provider@gmail.com

I just received a spam email...

just a heads up I am not sure if her email got hacked?
Why don't you contact Darien about this? This looks shady, a competitor "providing information " about a fellow provider. Hmmmmmmmm...I know, you are are just a boy scout doing your good deed for the day. This doesn't need to go public.
I get them all the time from various hobby people off this site
I just got one less than a minute ago; it was copied to what appears several providers as well, as well as some what appears to be johns..

The e-mail contains just a link, obviously a virus..The virus must be going through her e-mail in some kind of alphabetical order as the e-mail sent to me went to 10 other people, all of their e-mails starting with a ' K '
I got one from "Darien." Last week I got one from "Rose," the south Austin 18 year old who moved to Colorado a couple years ago. Week before that one from a hobbyist who has gone UTR.

Don't open any mail you're not expecting or mail that's showing a long string of sequential addressees (sp?). When in doubt, use PM to check.

Even under the best of conditions you can't be certain who's sending the email.

Hobby safely.

Monk
I got one from darien provider.
So, just asking... did anyone look at the headers to see if it really came from her account, or was just spoofed?

(Got one from a former co-worker this AM)
I got one as well.

I didn't look at the headers.
Don't see how giving someone a heads up that they might be infected with a virus is shady.... I was just giving a heads up so others didn't click like I did.

Why don't you contact Darien about this? This looks shady, a competitor "providing information " about a fellow provider. Hmmmmmmmm...I know, you are are just a boy scout doing your good deed for the day. This doesn't need to go public. Originally Posted by Pflugerbill
I received a spam email from Darien as well, but it's clearly a hacker or virus. I didn't click on the link for obvious reasons. I sent her an email response saying that I thought she had been hacked so that she'd know to change her password.

This sort of thing happens a lot. I get spammy-looking emails from various providers or hobbyists a few times a week, and I believe it's probably because so many of us use the same email address and password on a number of hobby sites. It's not unusual for an unsavory character to harvest emails and passwords from a user database on one hobby site and then go to town on their email accounts. No biggie. The most effective course of action is to respond to that email with a simple note telling them they appear to have been hacked, and then delete the email. If everyone posted a thread like this every time they got a suspicious spam email, the board wouldn't have any room for relevant conversation.
She is aware of it and is trying to fix it.
I did.
It was a link to something I did not open.
I figured the same thing as the op because when Darien has emailed me in the past, it has been for a reference.
I rarely get emails like this from hobbyists as mentioned by VLyn.

I have to disagree with Pbill that AustinGurlz is being shady. Good looking out AustingGurlz.

Good question NastyC.... yes, its from her e-mail addy.
... get a mac :-)
I got a mac yesterday....... Two whole beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles on a sesame seed bun. Yum yum
Ditto to OP & other comments about commonplace occurrence. Delete as usual.

Missed the onions, PITD, unless you're avoiding bad breath on your way to see someone.

Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

Funny how we can remember things like ad jingles from our childhood clear as day but can't recall what we did the day before sometimes. LOL