Confirmation....

This can make or break an experience and has a lot to do with communication. I require, especially outcall, more than sufficient notice for confirmation....

How long do you (ladies if you're that lucky to have your pickings) and especialy gents wait to then move on for a plan "B" if the date is soon approaching and no word, you've taken off work/made other plans/dates? Sometimes I wait until the last hour and move on...just would like a census...
I always give a gent an actual time frame to confirm with me. If their appt is at 4:00, I ask for confirmation between 1:00-2:00. I do let them know if I don't hear back then I will make "other" plans. I have been really lucky and don't have issues with being left high and dry.
Time frames are great. I also say call by : ____

If nothing, then on my DNS list. Lucky for me I've not ran into one ncns in the DFW Met
Now does that go both ways? I had a situation were I did all the right things with a known provider and yet she booked a "quick" appointment before mine. Some of the expectations that has been placed on us in the hobby is not reciprocated by some providers but yet they say they are "Down To Earth" in their ads...
Nothing says "down to earth" like being dirty.
eva, you wrote "a lot to do with communication"
i'd say it ALL has to do with communication.

after i make an appt, i let the woman know that i will confirm w/ her on such and such a date [or whenever she requests]. and i also let her know that should anything come up that prevents me from making the appt [biz mtg, real life, car problems, etc], i will let her know as soon as i can.

if the woman has a preference of when & how the guy should contact her, she should explicitly state that in her communications w/ the guy.

the last time an appt didnt work out for me...
the woman requested i contact her at 1pm.
i told her that i would be in biz mtgs from 11-2pm and would contact her after that.
she said ok.
when i contacted her around 230pm, she replied "you didnt contact me when i asked. your appt is cancelled."
so, even tho we communicated, she agreed, and i contacted her when i said i would, she still cancelled the appt.
it happens....
If I haven't heard word received a confirmation at least 2 hours prior, on to PLAN B
Clear communication is the most difficult part of the hobby. I try to be very time / location specific and confirm the day before, the day of, and send a message when I'm on my way.

Flirty communications beforehand or meeting over coffee ahead of time are huge plusses. HUGE!
If you've screened me and we've made an appointment, I expect us to exchange phone numbers. I will let you know via text, PM or email that I want you to text me 4 hours before the appmt. to get your incall address. If 4 hrs. comes up and I don't hear from you, I'll text you. If it's 2 hours before the appointment and I have not heard from you, it's off and time to contact a short-notice ATF.
If it's a days notice appointment then I require confirmation the next morning and preferably a text when on the way. Basically it's always best to confirm a couple of hours ahead of time and a quick text just to say it still on.
I like to hear something the day before and something a couple hours ahead of time.

If you are setting something up with me the same day and haggling about my prices, at least tell me NO, instead of just leaving me wondering.

That's just an asshole move.

I had one recently ask me for a "late night special" for an outcall. I am one of a few who does NOT ask for more money for an outcall, and therefore I said, my rate is the same, you knew that when you contacted me. He was already screened, due to a failed appointment when he was previously in town.

Just a simple, "Ok, no thank you then." would have been nice.
I over kill the communications. My rule is that I will call the night before most times i'm a morning get together. Then 1hr before to confirm. I also let them know what i'm looking for MSOG, CIM mist times i dont care if there is a up charge i just want to know up front. To many times you find out after that first period shot on goal and damn. Any way if no response with the 1hr before call i move on. Maybe give 30min to respond.
  • L.A.
  • 02-05-2014, 04:30 PM
I live in BFE so I usually confirm before I leave the house. I usually see the same few people so we have our routine. I usually do early morning appointments and there have been times I've gone ahead and left without reaching the provider. Some of those didn't work out and some did.
I don't usually ever have a plan B. I'm usually too excited to see who I scheduled with to see somebody else.
True, efficient communication is key - on behalf of both parties.
and occasionally, extra communication zaps the appt.

i made an appt a few weeks in advance.
about 6 days before, i contacted her to let her know i was still planning on arriving unless biz/life stuff got in the way. about 2 days before, i did the same thing "still looking good for some delites!! if anything comes up, i'll let you know as soon as i can."

apparently she thought i was weaseling my way around and planning on canceling.
so she canceled the appt on me saying she only expected me to confirm the day before [first she said that].
oh well......