Facebook and death

What happens to your facebook page after you die ?
Perhaps this is the answer to eternal life, as we continue to communicate by digital means.

Or a huge percentage of people on facebook hate it, but have to be on it for business needs.
Perhaps this is the hell on earth.
They have protocol...google it...
How would they know that you're dead?
And if they are dead they wouldn't give a shit.
A few people I know that have died, their status has changed to "Remembering". It must be some type of Facebook death default, because they all look exactly the same, but I have no idea how it happens, I'm assuming a loved one has the deceased's password?
There is an option in your settings to name which loved ones have access to your account in case of your death. I forgot what it is under or what it is called and I am too lazy to look right now, but if you go in your settings you can assign someone to handle your page in the event of your death.
How would they know that you're dead? Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
Location/device tracking....and then offering to friend other folks in the same garden.
Some of them are created after the fact as memorials to those that have past.
The OP should off himself then we will see how facebook acts.
The OP should off himself then we will see how facebook acts. Originally Posted by pyramider
Ouch. Tough crowd.
The OP should off himself then we will see how facebook acts. Originally Posted by pyramider
Then I can join you, as it seems like you checked out a long time ago.

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.
Ouch. Tough crowd. Originally Posted by Brooke Wilde
What? You were thincking it, admit it. Now about those birthday taint photos ....
Facebook, got to settings, manage account, Your Legacy Contact- there you can assign a person to set your account to "remembering" or delet you from FB
My point was they, Facebook, will never know you're dead unless someone tells them so your Facebook page will go on and on....till the death of Facebook.
How would they know that you're dead? Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
Question is how do YOU know when you are dead??