So What Should Happen To This Punk?

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/u...me-dies-050513

He is 17. Surely they can try him as an adult for maybe 2d degree murder?

Sorry ass punk.
Sad!
Well he will be banned from soccer for the rest of his life without a doubt.
He will have to face charges as an adult, IMHO.
If it was up to me, I would make him an example.
http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/u...me-dies-050513

He is 17. Surely they can try him as an adult for maybe 2d degree murder?

Sorry ass punk. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Don't know about the murder charge, but Obama and Rubio probably have him slated for citizenship under the amnesty program.
  • Old-T
  • 05-05-2013, 12:55 PM
I see no reason he shouldn't be accused of manslaughter. Hard to think there was anything premeditated, and difficult to believe the player intended to kill the ref, even at the moment it happened.
He should definitely have his day in court, but I suspect the charge would be negligent homicide. He'll probably get 7 years, out in 5.
Don't know about the murder charge, but Obama and Rubio probably have him slated for citizenship under the amnesty program. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Link??????
The teenager, quite a bit heavier than Portillo, began arguing with the referee, then punched him in the face. Portillo seemed fine at first, then asked to be held because he felt dizzy. He sat down and started vomiting blood, triggering his friend to call an ambulance.

When police arrived around noon, the teenager was gone and Portillo was laying on the ground in the fetal position.
So the chicken-shit hauled ass knowing the the guy was already fucked up?

That's when detectives intensified their search for the goalie. By Saturday evening, the teenager's father agreed to bring him down to speak with police.
At least there was one smart one in the familia.
Double post
  • WTF
  • 05-05-2013, 09:33 PM
For sure he should not be allowed to play soccer until he gets that anger under control....
I agree with COG and Old-T. I don't think murder charges would be appropriate. I think manslaughter probably fits the situation better. Who knows how the DA will choose to handle it. The kid most definitely has some anger issues though.
Some of you live in a bubble. When I coached youth soccer 15 years ago I'd get the weekly league newsletter and the backpage was at least half-filled with people banned from the soccer field for assault on other players, coaches and refs with and without weapons. The majority had a Hispanic surname.
I think manslaughter probably fits the situation better. Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
Why?

The player doesn't need "intent" to kill.

Just "intent" to engage in the conduct.
  • Old-T
  • 05-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Some of you live in a bubble. When I coached youth soccer 15 years ago I'd get the weekly league newsletter and the backpage was at least half-filled with people banned from the soccer field for assault on other players, coaches and refs with and without weapons. The majority had a Hispanic surname. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Ah yes, good additions to the discussion (said with sarcasm dripping off each word).
To your first point: No, I don't think any of us believe a fight, etc., is an isolated incident in soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. I've coached and/or officiated all three, and there are players & parents who have serious anger issues in all three sports. Volleyball, track, and wrestling less so from my experiences.

But then we have your second point--and probably the real reason you posted. "The majority had a Hispanic surname." Yep, had to get your ethnic stereotyping in, didn't you. Can't talk to the specific player, for you it has to be a "hispanic" thing. Not that it surprises me in the least, not from you.
Some of you live in a bubble. When I coached youth soccer 15 years ago I'd get the weekly league newsletter and the backpage was at least half-filled with people banned from the soccer field for assault on other players, coaches and refs with and without weapons. The majority had a Hispanic surname. Originally Posted by gnadfly
When I was a kid, ( '50's), playing little league baseball, I remember parents climbing the fence to get after the umpire.

Things haven't changed that much.

The big difference in this instance is we have a dead body in the morgue.

I hope this sorry piece of shit gets what ever the maximum penalty is as prescribed by law.