World Series

Bad news, its the Giants that are coming to town next weekend, half their fans are gay. OK, maybe just kidding. But seriously, is the Series going to be good for the local provider economy? Ladies, are you planning any changes in marketing? Just kind of curious. I for one hope all of you do well, but stay in North Texas.
I think from an economic standpoint business would have better been if the Phillies would have won- I just don't see the San Fran fans being as die hard as the Philly fans in terms of traveling to support their team but who knows- remember San Fran was huge underdogs but after all it's the world series so money should be generated- Go Rangers
I think from an economic standpoint business would have better been if the Phillies would have won- I just don't see the San Fran fans being as die hard as the Philly fans in terms of traveling to support their team but who knows- remember San Fran was huge underdogs but after all it's the world series so money should be generated- Go Rangers Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
That's because You guys aren't taking into account northern California is a big area, San Jose, Oakland, Sacramento. Trust me, there are plenty of rabid Giants fans with money to spend.
If I had to guess, I will say it will be slow.

During the Texas/OU weekend, there was a thread where a couple of the ladies were saying it was a slow weekend for them. That kind of surprised me because the Texas/OU game is a HUGE game for North Texas and it brings in MANY people.

I really think the overall economy has more to do with it then anything.

In years past, those that traveled to the Dallas area for a a big game (or event) would also spend a few extra dollars at high end restaurants, strip clubs, etc. Due to the crappy economy, I think everyone is thinking twice about how much they are spending (and what they are spending it on). Not to mention that the SO's are also keeping a closer eye on the family budget so that makes it harder (no pun intended, LOL) for the men with SO's to hobby.

Just my 2 cents worth.

netman
Bad news, its the Giants that are coming to town next weekend, half their fans are gay. OK, maybe just kidding. But seriously, is the Series going to be good for the local provider economy? Ladies, are you planning any changes in marketing? Just kind of curious. I for one hope all of you do well, but stay in North Texas. Originally Posted by Mr Clean

MC

Oh that tranny gay experience you have longed for and repressed, is now at your doorstep, cumon you ignorant bitch, long, tall and wide, should fulfill all your needs.
SAP, that reminds me of what the great Nolin Ryan once said. "Criticism always tells you more about the speaker than the target."
Comes the voice from the closet.

I'll BE YOUR DADDY.

Sad you don't even see it you piece of shit.

I am only hoping they are not from your inbred stock.
Just a couple of points. People who go to see the Super Bowl here or the NBA All Star game, are really not what I would call "fans." They may like the sport but in all likelihood, they have no vested interest in which team actually wins. They are people who probably have nice disposable incomes or their companies' money to buy them tickets, (which is usually one in the same.) I look at it as more of a social event or bragging right for many of them. They are more likely to look to have some fun on the side for large sporting events. And they have plenty of money to do so.

An OU/TX fan and/or S.F. Giants fan coming to support their team, that's different. Sure there are many who just want to tell people that they attended the game but my guess is that they are more likely to be die hard fans. In that case, many of them bring family with them and it's more likely to be a big event....Especially for the World Series, it's not like the Rangers and the Giants are usually contenders. This series is a big deal for these fans and something visiting fans can discuss for decades. The Giants have not won a world series in over five decades and the Rangers never have, so visiting fans I suspect, would be hard core fans who are coming here to Dallas to support their team, and not for pussy.

Having said that, I am sure some visiting fans are aware of the plentiful supply of Dallas providers, so there will be some extra money out there, but just not anything like sporting events that fans don't give a damn about, like the Super Bowl and All Star games.
i was busy for the allstar game and effing swamped for the TX/OU game.... TX/OU was the most money i have ever made in 3 days and I dont see myself topping it anytime soon. i did discriminate though... I had a NO SOONER policy
i was busy for the allstar game and effing swamped for the TX/OU game.... TX/OU was the most money i have ever made in 3 days and I dont see myself topping it anytime soon. i did discriminate though... I had a NO SOONER policy Originally Posted by AmberXoXo
Yeah, I bet. I am sure the local providers love that claim.
Wow. The Dallas market really struck gold with the Rangers making the World Series and the Super Bowl coming up.

If the Mavericks can make a run it could be a trifecta.

The Cowboys may feel left out the way they're headed right now.
If I had to guess, I will say it will be slow.

During the Texas/OU weekend, there was a thread where a couple of the ladies were saying it was a slow weekend for them. That kind of surprised me because the Texas/OU game is a HUGE game for North Texas and it brings in MANY people.

I really think the overall economy has more to do with it then anything.

In years past, those that traveled to the Dallas area for a a big game (or event) would also spend a few extra dollars at high end restaurants, strip clubs, etc. Due to the crappy economy, I think everyone is thinking twice about how much they are spending (and what they are spending it on). Not to mention that the SO's are also keeping a closer eye on the family budget so that makes it harder (no pun intended, LOL) for the men with SO's to hobby.

Just my 2 cents worth.

netman Originally Posted by netman
You don't suppose a town full of drunken coeds had an impact, do you?
Not sure there will be many fans coming for the game from SF. If you notice Yankees fans had a hard time getting tickets. I don't think there will be too many Rangers fans giving up their tickets.