Halp! Halp! I want Tony Stark's cell phone.

How far away are we from this technology?
I would really like a phone like his (clear glass touch screen hologram thingy).
How far away are we from this technology?
I would really like a phone like his (clear glass touch screen hologram thingy). Originally Posted by RandomBlkChick
in 50 years.....
Don't say that.
It didn't take long to go from pagers to the iPhone.
Yeah I want that phone too. Actually I want the Iron Man suit dammit!
Don't say that.
It didn't take long to go from pagers to the iPhone. Originally Posted by RandomBlkChick

don't mean to rain on your parade!

actually, that is how long it took; 20 years. pagers came out I believe in the between 1975 - 1980's. cell phones didn't become very cheap & useful until 1995. Cell phones have been in use since 1960, but they were clunky and expensive; took the manufacturers 40 years to shrink a brick sized cell phone to that of a playing card sized/candy sized cellphone.

some of the technology the phone has doesn't exist and likely will require far more computing power than the current generation of cell phone is capable of and that is not including the network. the network itself is usually at least 10 years behind the cell tech. its barely able to support sustained video transmission without crashing the network.
Damn. My dreams are crushed.
<----I is sadz now.
Damn. My dreams are crushed.
<----I is sadz now. Originally Posted by RandomBlkChick
don't feel to bad..

I think the Apple iphone 5 comes rather close. it is supposed to have a laser holographic keyboard.