Fine Steak and A-1

Hi all

I don't like to start threads but this is my first one..... I have a problem with taking a date/social encounter to a fine steak house and the girl doesn't know how to eat a good steak the right way....LOL

I had 3 separate dates in last 2 months where the girl asks for Heinz 57 or A1 steak sauce.... This can offend the chef! (fuck my life) I know one of the chefs...

The three restaurants involved are Bob's Chophouse, TruLucks (with another hobbyist and provider) and Morton's...But Morton's did not have A-1.

Sighhhh....Well, what do ya'll think? or any recommendations?

P.S./disclaimer: if you are the girl involved..please i am just asking for advice from others so I can be better prepared next time and please don't get offended
  • T-Can
  • 11-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Well shep, I know how to eat a steak without sauce and I am readily available so shoot me a pm......

On a serious note, I agree with you on the provider asking for A1 or Heinz 57 - a good steak does not need steak sauce.
Beef 101: When you go to a "good" steakhouse you need absolutley nothing on your steak except your lips. The steaks are aged and seasoned superbly!
Smart ass LOL

Well shep, I know how to eat a steak without sauce and I am readily available so shoot me a pm......

On a serious note, I agree with you on the provider asking for A1 or Heinz 57 - a good steak does not need steak sauce. Originally Posted by CanDo01
A properly cooked and seasoned steak should never be bastardized with sauces!!
Personally, I don't pay providers for their culinary sophistication.
She wants A-1......you want a blow job......'nough said......bring on the A-1, ketchup, mustard, relish, Heinz 57, soy sauce, pickles or whatever......there are just things that are sacred and comparatively speaking, sex wins a lot......I wouldn't let it bother you!
Aww, come on now... I always put A-1 mixed with Heinz 57 sauce on great steaks.. Well, at least on the side so I can dip it... I am paying for it, and I love the taste. Sometimes I put more, or sometimes I put less... But I could give a flip on wether its poor form or not. To me, it can be just as elitist to take either side of this arguement. SO why bother. Some people only eat one item at a time off their plate. I prefer to sample each, in alternate forkfuls. The only time I don't put sauces on steaks is when they are served with some kind of sauce; i.e. the Filete Pimienta at Javiers ! Mmmmm good....

I love great steak. I love A1 and 57 sauce, together.
She wants A-1......you want a blow job......'nough said......bring on the A-1, ketchup, mustard, relish, Heinz 57, soy sauce, pickles or whatever......there are just things that are sacred and comparatively speaking, sex wins a lot......I wouldn't let it bother you! Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
amen!
  • T-Can
  • 11-11-2011, 02:04 PM
She wants A-1......you want a blow job......'nough said......bring on the A-1, ketchup, mustard, relish, Heinz 57, soy sauce, pickles or whatever......there are just things that are sacred and comparatively speaking, sex wins a lot......I wouldn't let it bother you! Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
If it did not bother him, CB, he would have taken them to Waffle House for their sirloin so they can cover the shit up with all the A1 sauce they wanted!
I love a good steak, and I agree that a fine steak doesn't need A1. That being said, I'm putting A1 on it anyway because I love it, so deal with it. Its great stuff!

*edit to add:
Unless it comes with a red wine reduction or some sort of demi glace. Then, no A1. But I'm putting it on an unsauced filet or ribeye, yes indeedy I am.
I have been fortunate enough to eat at some great steak restaurants from Europe to NY to Texas. Even the best steakhouses offer things like A1 or whatever. Put what you want on your steak, enjoy the meal as you want to enjoy it.

Dannie how about joining me at Lawry's The Prime Rib. They will take the bone in portion of prime rib, slap it on the grill and you will have the best ribeye you have ever tasted. Perhaps some wine, a few martini's, and then......

a nap!!!!

Hi all

I don't like to start threads but this is my first one..... I have a problem with taking a date/social encounter to a fine steak house and the girl doesn't know how to eat a good steak the right way....LOL

I had 3 separate dates in last 2 months where the girl asks for Heinz 57 or A1 steak sauce.... This can offend the chef! (fuck my life) I know one of the chefs...

The three restaurants involved are Bob's Chophouse, TruLucks (with another hobbyist and provider) and Morton's...But Morton's did not have A-1.

Sighhhh....Well, what do ya'll think? or any recommendations?

P.S./disclaimer: if you are the girl involved..please i am just asking for advice from others so I can be better prepared next time and please don't get offended Originally Posted by sheparsekiii

AND I can't STAND those Providers that use low-fat whip cream from a can on their boobs or my dick! I mean...come on!!! At least whip up some real stuff to cap them fine cherries and my manhood!

Dannie how about joining me at Lawry's The Prime Rib. They will take the bone in portion of prime rib, slap it on the grill and you will have the best ribeye you have ever tasted. Perhaps some wine, a few martini's, and then......

a nap!!!!

Originally Posted by durango95
When and what time?! You have my number!
If I have to use steak sauce, it's not a good steak. I won't even eat that crap. That's like putting Hot Sauce on Lobster...wtf.