Have you ever encountered someone you know IRL in the hobby world?

I'm guessing this probably applies to the guys more so than the girls. I'm actually surprised that I've never come across a profile or ad of someone that I actually know in real life. I know I've Google'd a few #'s of people I thought might be providers, but nothing really turned up.
Just last week I ventured into the local Goody Goody to stock the bar and got a text from one of my regular clients to say he saw me there. I know him well enough that it would be totally cool for him to say hello, provided he was alone. I wasn't in provider mode and totally missed him. I respect him for respecting me in that situation.

Funny I go out to lunch with my partner several times a week and we laugh and say..."that's YOUR client". More stereotypical than actual.
Actually at the old Camp Bowie fbsm location, I was awaiting the come.on in text...when a co worker came walking out...I was like ol shit, this mofo told.me he was not feeling well. I made sure he did not see me but wanted to say to him the next day "you know blue balls is not an actually sickness"
I'm glad you made this thread.

I just joined recently and have just been lurking. While doing so yesterday, I came across a showcase of someone that I used to be fairly close with, but because of life, haven't seen each other in a while.

After looking thru the showcase pics and another social media sites pics, it is undeniable that it is the same person.

Either she is a provider, which doesn't matter to me, or someone is using her pics. I would want her to know if someone was using her pics, but don't know how to approach the situation.

Should I leave it alone or approach cautiously, just to be sure someone isn't using her pics?
I'm glad you made this thread.

I just joined recently and have just been lurking. While doing so yesterday, I came across a showcase of someone that I used to be fairly close with, but because of life, haven't seen each other in a while.

After looking thru the showcase pics and another social media sites pics, it is undeniable that it is the same person.

Either she is a provider, which doesn't matter to me, or someone is using her pics. I would want her to know if someone was using her pics, but don't know how to approach the situation.

Should I leave it alone or approach cautiously, just to be sure someone isn't using her pics? Originally Posted by Cyclist
Leave it alone!
Being i am fairly easy to spot in public it happens to me more than id like especially lately...

If u happen to see a provider in public please just leave it alone... dont stare creepily... dont snap a pic with your phone... dont send a creepy pm later... trust me there is no worse feeling to know you have been watched and had no clue!

Social media sites also steal info from other apps websites you visit and emails u use... if you come across someones personal account just block them and keep it moving.

Ive seen hobbyists in public some ive seen bcd and some in social settings... i did not act weird or obvious... i didnt email or pm them later about it either...

The hobby is a fantasy land... people often blur the lines in these situations and thats when it gets messy.
Yes. It wasn't a pretty sight, either, since I could tell IRL that she was struggling with her choices. She quit after a few years. Taught me that by and large guys really don't want to peek behind the curtain.

Btw, she didn't know about my participation in the hobby. She was careless about hiding her tracks (face pics, using RL phone number), so she was very easy to spot.
honestly i would just act like i did not know them, i am not a part of their personal life adn they are not a part of mine. This is a buisness transaction not okcupid. It may sound rude but i respect their privacy amd i would hope they respect mine.
Leave it alone! Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
Nah, schedule a session with her. What could possibly go wrong?
  • grean
  • 10-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Just flip it around man, assuming you keep your hobby life separate, secret and far away from your RL as possible.

if a provider walked up even to say hi, even if you appeared to be by yourself, it could make you have to come up with some quick answers that you don't have.

You aren't really by yourself. You are at a grocery store where people may know you just like the provider did. Fast forward 3 months. You're at a dinner party and Harry's Wife's best friend's brother, who you didn't know lives around the block from the same store mentioned seeing you and also ever so innocently mentions the hot ass woman you were talking to who isn't your wife.

You make up some story, but a bell was rung. You never mentioned this woman before to your wife who now even if only subconsciously begins to question the story.

Same thing can happen to the providers here man. leave it the fuck alone.
Being i am fairly easy to spot in public it happens to me more than id like especially lately...

If u happen to see a provider in public please just leave it alone... dont stare creepily... dont snap a pic with your phone... dont send a creepy pm later... trust me there is no worse feeling to know you have been watched and had no clue!

Social media sites also steal info from other apps websites you visit and emails u use... if you come across someones personal account just block them and keep it moving.

Ive seen hobbyists in public some ive seen bcd and some in social settings... i did not act weird or obvious... i didnt email or pm them later about it either...

The hobby is a fantasy land... people often blur the lines in these situations and thats when it gets messy. Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar

I'm with Jules. Please don't pm me if you see me in public and please ignore me as well. I will extend the same respect for you as well.
UGh….leave it alone!!!
I have received pm asking if I was the hot Asian woman he saw at some restaurant the night before.
Another pm asking if I was the hot girl who works at LA Fitness.
WHATTTT??? No…they are not me. But if it was me, why would I want some strange random creepy guy to know???
I swear….nothing annoys me more than lack of common sense!!!
Why search to see if people are providers? People have lives, you value your privacy and you should respect theirs. Whole thread seems stalkerish to me.
UGh….leave it alone!!!
I have received pm asking if I was the hot Asian woman he saw at some restaurant the night before.
Another pm asking if I was the hot girl who works at LA Fitness.
WHATTTT??? No…they are not me. But if it was me, why would I want some strange random creepy guy to know???
I swear….nothing annoys me more than lack of common sense!!! Originally Posted by samantha thom
Lol exactly Samantha. I guess they never learned the meaning of the word discretion.
Lol exactly Samantha. I guess they never learned the meaning of the word discretion. Originally Posted by Drake777745
Oh, so I guess asking for them to autograph a condom wrapper is a no-no?