interesting predictions

NASA climatologist Bill Patzert predicted last year that “We are in a drought forever.”

Hey, how did that work out for California ?
Great point we have to minimize green house gas emissions to manage or slow down global warming or say climate change. The Houston and Chicago winters this season is a great reminder.
  • pxmcc
  • 02-24-2017, 07:34 PM
NASA climatologist Bill Patzert predicted last year that “We are in a drought forever.”

Hey, how did that work out for California ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
It's more about:
-long term trends
-climate disruptions
-extreme weather events

Global weather is a complex animal.

Smart move? Buy cheap tundra in Alaska and Greenland. In 20 years, will be an oasis.

It's too late to stop the warming. There are complex feedback loops which are irreversible. Yes, I can elaborate, but not while driving. lol. Now adaptation and mitigation are our best options.

Btw, where has most of the heat gone?
a. land
c. atmosphere
c. radiated back out to space
d. oceans.

Correct answer: d. oceans. It's not even close.
True^^^

Take a look at the NOAA records for the last 100 years.
Some of the average high temps recorded in the 30's and 50's are enough to put an end to this man made global warming bullshit.
Everyone love this discussion keep it going. Pxmcc the ocean is heating up and there are evidence of loss of habitat, socio economic impact resulting from change in migration patters of flora and fauna...
  • pxmcc
  • 02-25-2017, 01:08 AM
True^^^

Take a look at the NOAA records for the last 100 years.
Some of the average high temps recorded in the 30's and 50's are enough to put an end to this man made global warming bullshit. Originally Posted by Slitlikr
You don't buy global warming? It's all around us. You gotta be a scientist n disprove it using a model that can be duplicated. A hunch isn't enough, imo.

I believe what the experts tell me more than I believe Donald Trump.
  • Trey
  • 02-25-2017, 04:36 AM
The president said its bull shit. Are Ya'll trying to say the president is wrong? You've all been watching fake news. There's nothing to worry about. Besides we have the EPA here in America to help protect our environment.
The problem with trying to predict global warming (or the next ice age) is that there are only recoded temperatures for a few hundred years yet the earth is 4 billion years old.
Fucking Neanderthals ...
  • pxmcc
  • 02-25-2017, 08:25 AM
The problem with trying to predict global warming (or the next ice age) is that there are only recoded temperatures for a few hundred years yet the earth is 4 billion years old. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
Good point oil. There are phases in earth's history much warmer than today or even 100 years from now. While that's true, do we really want to live in such conditions, if we have a say in the matter? (We do. It's called give up fossil fuels, and even natural gas.)

This period in the history of the world will be dominated by man. We have quite an impact in an extremely short time frame, geologically speaking.
Good point oil. There are phases in earth's history much warmer than today or even 100 years from now. While that's true, do we really want to live in such conditions, if we have a say in the matter? (We do. It's called give up fossil fuels, and even natural gas.)

This period in the history of the world will be dominated by man. We have quite an impact in an extremely short time frame, geologically speaking. Originally Posted by pxmcc
So true sir...
Oceans are getting warmer.... why??.... Scientists in Iceland, Greenland are finding magma closer to the surface than ever before. Thus, the increase in volcanic activity and steam geysers in Iceland. Fucking heat rises, just like my blood pressure when I hear about 'man made global warming'. Suck my dick.

Not due to your Suburban, for Christ's sake. So stop buying the ugly fucking Priuses and driving it like its a Ferrari..... its a fucking sham!!

Cheers

This period in the history of the world will be dominated by man. We have quite an impact in an extremely short time frame, geologically speaking. Originally Posted by pxmcc
The facts are truly unknown or known but not able to address immediately so all we have facts based on opinions with of course some research data. Let me add to the madness one of the risk is political unrest due to the impact of business. Since folks may lose source of income due to impact on agriculture, fishing, water sustainability. As above all the initiate of reducing routine emissions to zero by 2030. Lol with increase in reliability I am not sure how much we are going to achieve. Yup it's a frustrating science. ....
Wind power and solar just will NOT do it

If you are against global warming then just about the only thing that will make a real difference is to build nuke plants everywhere
  • pxmcc
  • 02-25-2017, 01:59 PM
^^
Nukes are great for the climate carbon footprint, but have a whole other set of vexing issues associated with them. Environmentalists are very conflicted as to whether nuclear is part of the answer. I say better than fossil fuels but worse than solar, wind, etc.