Rest In Peace

He was a modern genius who gave much to the world.

Steve Jobs has died

. . . May he rest in peace.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...SOL_story.html
So young! He has certainly touched a lot of lives! RIP!!!!!
I confess.
I've been drinking and don't feel like googling.....who the fuck is Steve Jobs?If bt knows him\ he must be a friend of John Mutha, drives a Ford truck or drops his own soap.

Was he gay?
I confess.
I've been drinking and don't feel like googling.....who the fuck is Steve Jobs?If bt knows him\ he must be a friend of John Mutha, drives a Ford truck or drops his own soap.

Was he gay? Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Dude, drunk or not that's not kool. Certainly not funny either. Especially for someone who's handle is the DaliLama.

Steve Jobs was the Leonardo Da Vinci of our age. Via Con Dios Steve.
He was a modern genius who gave much to the world.

Steve Jobs has died

. . . May he rest in peace.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...SOL_story.html Originally Posted by Fast Gunn

Good! Life's a bitch and Father Time catches up to us all sooner or later. Sure he had a cult following and he was an innovator but he also employs an army of slaves who get paid peanuts while working for him in China! Even after his death.
Steve certainly was still a young man at only 56.

I was and still am impressed with all that he did and I imagine that Steve still had many wonderful new ideas developing in his head that the world will not get to see.

The world has lost a creative genius and we should all wish his soul Godspeed on his journey.

Steve Jobs RIP. I am still shocked and stunned. From creating Apple to finding Pixar it is still amazing
Dude, drunk or not that's not kool. Certainly not funny either. Especially for someone who's handle is the DaliLama.

Steve Jobs was the Leonardo Da Vinci of our age. Via Con Dios Steve. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
If you just figured out that the poster misnamed the Dali Lama is a ignoramus if epochal proportions, you haven't been paying attention.
let me see if my history is right

Steve Jobs gets Xerox to give him their plans for a mini pc

Bill Gates and Paul Allen worked for Jobs and decided to start their own company, Microsoft?

I remember the old Mdoss (?) when I could program a screen with a list of programs, A-E enter the letter and it took you to the program

All Microsoft did in the BEGINNING was put nice little colored icons on the screen
He should have made Apples non-proprietary to capture more of the PC market but Iphones did a pretty good job of catching them up.

He had a lot of good ideas and was something you hear people say a lot but the examples they offer up are usually B-listers.

Steve Jobs was a true visionary.

He won’t be resting in peace either. There is too much that needs to be done in the after-life for him to just lie around.
Good! Life's a bitch and Father Time catches up to us all sooner or later. Sure he had a cult following and he was an innovator but he also employs an army of slaves who get paid peanuts while working for him in China! Even after his death. Originally Posted by CPT Savajo
Wearing that ignorance badge again. Employed slaves?

Apple, Dell, HP, among others in the electronic industry in China, take pretty good care of their employees. If they don’t, the employees will change jobs. Other than Japan and S. Korea, the wages paid are some of the highest in Asia. Lots of perks many other Chinese can’t get.
I can't stop myself.. What? He didn't have an app for that?

Rip Steve Jobs. We will all miss you and your improvements in my life.
let me see if my history is right

Steve Jobs gets Xerox to give him their plans for a mini pc

Bill Gates and Paul Allen worked for Jobs and decided to start their own company, Microsoft?

I remember the old Mdoss (?) when I could program a screen with a list of programs, A-E enter the letter and it took you to the program

All Microsoft did in the BEGINNING was put nice little colored icons on the screen Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
Nope, Jobs stole NOTHING from Xerox. In fact he was invited to view the icon concept Xerox was developing for their next generation of copiers and the Xerox Alto.

From Wikipedia ...

There is still some controversy over the amount of influence that Xerox's PARC work, as opposed to previous academic research, had on the GUIs of Apple's Lisa and Macintosh, but it is clear that the influence was extensive, because first versions of Lisa GUIs even lacked icons. These prototype GUIs are at least mouse driven, but completely ignored the WIMP concept. Rare screenshots of first GUIs of Apple Lisa prototypes are shown here and here. Note also that Apple engineers visited the PARC facilities (Apple secured the rights for the visit by compensating Xerox with a pre-IPO purchase of Apple stock) and a number of PARC employees subsequently moved to Apple to work on the Lisa and Macintosh GUI. However, the Apple work extended PARC's considerably, adding manipulatable icons, a fixed drop-down menu bar and drag&drop manipulation of objects in the file system (see Macintosh Finder) for example

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...user_interface

Apple gave Xerox stock for the concept, all on the up and up. Now whether Gates "stole" the concept from his friend Jobs is another story. Jobs himself said that (once all the BS lawsuits between Apple and Microsoft were settled) Xerox made a mistake by not copyrighting the concept.

and No, neither Gates or Allen ever worked for Jobs. EVER.

Paul Allen was hired into MITS,[31] and Gates took a leave of absence from Harvard to work with Allen at MITS in Albuquerque in November 1975. They named their partnership "Micro-Soft" and had their first office located in Albuquerque.[31] Within a year, the hyphen was dropped, and on November 26, 1976, the trade name "Microsoft" was registered with the Office of the Secretary of the State of New Mexico.[31] Gates never returned to Harvard to complete his studies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gates
Wearing that ignorance badge again. Employed slaves?

Apple, Dell, HP, among others in the electronic industry in China, take pretty good care of their employees. If they don’t, the employees will change jobs. Other than Japan and S. Korea, the wages paid are some of the highest in Asia. Lots of perks many other Chinese can’t get. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
No, an army of slaves. Another word is employee or serf, thats the nice way of saying it. When Buffet opens up his pie hole and says the word "tax payer" who do you think he's reffering to?
Apple employees in China are committing suicide because of the lovely benefits and pay. No doubt the liver he bought extended his life a few more years on this planet. Depending on who you are you go straight to the front of the line, or you go to China if you got the cash. I don't think that was a problem in his instance!
It's great that people pay more attention to their phones now then they do their kids or friends. Instead of getting a 3 minute conversation over the phone people would rather play text tag back and forth as if a conversation is out of the norm now. You see these kids and adults everywhere addicted to there damn phones.
Damn good idea though on the iPhone, it is an ingenious way to bring a few industries to their knees while they have an army of wage slaves at their disposal. A lot of people are sending their money straight to Apple, not me. It'll be interesting to see if the company can survive without the direction of the brain.
Apple employees in China are committing suicide because of the lovely benefits and pay.. Originally Posted by CPT Savajo
WRONG. Foxconn employees are the ones who have committed suicides, they are NOT Apple employees.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn_suicides

and by the way, isn't this post "supposed" to be a tribute to a visionary man who was a modern day genius of our time? Good God, will you let the man have his final peace??