Pimps, Sex Trade, Sex Slaves & Synchoronicity

I happened to be channel surfing to put some background noise on while I work and I happen to come across this:

Pimp City: A Journey To the Center of the Sex Trade

While it's on TV now the full documentary is available on the above link. I haven't watched it yet but given recent discussions the timing seemed "fortuitous" if one can call such timing of such things as much.

The next show is this at 12 PM CST:

Sex Trafficking: Red Light/Green Light

If you have AT&T U-Verse it's on channel 206/1206(HD). The Fusion channel, which is a great channel if you happen to love documentaries. (GUILTY!)

As someone who happens to be an avid gunner, as well as grew up around "biker gangs" a long time ago I recognized what gets told/sold to the general public is generally a big mix of lies with enough truth mixed in to make it murky at best but always play on emotions.
Eh,

What about those who get trafficked into this country in exchange for mediocre wages and a work visa?

No one is talking about that system of organized industrial slavery.

Eh,

What about those who get trafficked into this country in exchange for mediocre wages and a work visa?

No one is talking about that system of organized industrial slavery. Originally Posted by Adrienne Baptiste
True, at the larger public discourse it's not getting discussed. But people involved in permaculture, self reliance, organic gardening and food justice are keenly aware of it and do openly discuss it.

And then my Anarcho-Communist friends would argue that anyone that works for an hourly wage is a "wage slave".

I did watch a good part of the Red Light/Green Light doc. They basically broke it down as follows, 2% of women are truly independent, 35-40% are there due to coercion (be it economic, pimp, etc) leaving 58-63% being trafficked. I haven't found the source for their numbers (as of yet) but it doesn't pass the sniff test (as a data analyst).

And a side note if you've never heard of Polyface Farms or Joel Salatin you should look them up and give them a read sometime.
I would say that anyone working for a wage is in roughly the same boat, and I am no "anarcho-communist." And by that I mean that everyone negotiates a wage based on their own personal leverage. Some people have more leverage than others and therefore make bigger allowances for what they'll do (seen as exploited.) It may not be fair, but everyone's different with his or her own circumstances; so be it.

So unless a person is literally kidnapped and handcuffed to a radiator, I think human trafficking is quite different than being "pimped" or working for crappy wages.

Scum bags are scum bags no matter what they do for a living. Exploitation is a relative term but gets thrown around like its on par with assault.