Review save for later

We put so much detail (at least most of us) in our reviews. I have found it to take an hour non stop to type them. It would be great to have a save button so we can return to it at a later time instead of loosing your info if you have to close the browser.
Until something like that's implemented, Mike71, you might try crafting your review using MS Word and then copy/paste it into the appropriate field.

Same thing happened to me years ago. Lesson learned,

Regards,
SKF

Good point SKF, that's what I do too
I always use Word. I lost too many in my early days. I even put all the info for the top section in the Word doc. I copy and paste the entire doc contents into ROS, then cut and past address, phone #, description, etc to the proper location.

Torito
  • ~Ze~
  • 07-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Why not use the notepad in your control panel?

You can save it there.. even if you have to write it in pieces.. that way it isn't stored locally on your computer. Just an idea, if it works, I dunno.
I think using Word doesn't work well for someone trying to be more discrete. The User CP is a good idea I hadn't considered...if there are enough characters available. But I do think a save review idea could lead to more reviews being written. It's all about making it easy and convenient in today's society.
There are two options I use to avoid losing a review I've typed up.

1) use word...
2) if I'm being lazy and just typing it up directly in the review format then before I get up, for any reason or before I hit submit I highlight and copy the ros portion.

Too many times when I started I've lost a review once I hit submit because of it "timing out".... If you simply highlight and copy then you won't lose your ros.
Well, another option you can do is to write the review in a blank email and save as a draft. You can always come back to it and when it is completed you can copy and paste the contents into the review template.
All good ideas. Today's review...... I opened the new review screen typed out the ROS thru the day. When I was done I copied the ROS reloged in then pasted it back. that worked ok.
You can also access your UserCP and access personal notepad right there as the page loads. Anything you type in your personal notepad is only viewable by you. Work on it there, save it as you go, and copy/paste when complete.
You can also access your UserCP and access personal notepad right there as the page loads. Anything you type in your personal notepad is only viewable by you. Work on it there, save it as you go, and copy/paste when complete. Originally Posted by johnnybax

That would work...

Or,

.you could do what the enchanting, Miss ~Ze~ suggested earlier;

Why not use the notepad in your control panel?

You can save it there.. even if you have to write it in pieces.. that way it isn't stored locally on your computer. Just an idea, if it works, I dunno. Originally Posted by ~Ze~

*chuckles*

Do you have a word template you could post for us lazy people to work off of?
  • Mokoa
  • 07-10-2011, 02:26 PM
No, there is no Word template that I know of.

Perhaps you could create one for us.
I thought you might say that. Should the template look just like the general format? I can do that and then paste it to this thread.

Do we want Word or Excel? Either way works for me.
  • Mokoa
  • 07-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Excel? I do not think so. I would think that a plain text file is all that is necessary.