Chilling tales from the Northlands

While sitting at a stop light on the way to work this morning, I took this picture of my rental car dash.
Attached Images File Type: jpg temp1.jpg (76.2 KB, 92 views)
BBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Dang, it got down to 35 (above) last eavning in Houston and I could not stand it.

-33. That’s brutal.
Everything squeaks. When you walk on the snow, the car.
I've got the clothes and been growing out the beard but you still have to breathe and any exposed skin gets numb quick. Really only outside for 5 or 10 minutes at most. Downtown MPLS has skyways between many of the buildings
Dang, it got down to 35 (above) last eavning in Houston and I could not stand it.

-33. That’s brutal. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Everything squeaks. When you walk on the snow, the car.
I've got the clothes and been growing out the beard but you still have to breathe and any exposed skin gets numb quick. Really only outside for 5 or 10 minutes at most. Downtown MPLS has skyways between many of the buildings
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman

so dude let me ask, u are NOT in Austin so ..

WHERETHEFUCKAREYA?

bahhaa

are there polar bears nearby ..???

bahaaaaaaa
Not many left because of global warming
WOW Key West (FL) got all the way down to 66 I don't know how there going to handle it ???
so dude let me ask, u are NOT in Austin so ..

WHERETHEFUCKAREYA?

bahhaa

are there polar bears nearby ..???

bahaaaaaaa Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

If you could read dude, he told you.
BAAAA
Not many left because of global warming Originally Posted by bb1961
Bull. The polar bear population is thriving. Palin got into trouble saying that when the left couldn't disprove her. The bear population is quite good living out of the trash bins.

-33. That’s brutal. Originally Posted by Jackie S
In Houston the computer models say it's 80 degrees. Last year we were blanketed with snow here in Cypress.
Thank you.
If you could read dude, he told you.
BAAAA Originally Posted by bamscram
Making as much sense as usual.

Mama bears with cubs living around humans who generate enough trash to increase the bear population?

No fucking way. Their environment is shrinking. Duh!!

Palin got in trouble when the left couldn't disprove her?

Bullshit. Palin never needed anyone's help to get in trouble.

Bull. The polar bear population is thriving. Palin got into trouble saying that when the left couldn't disprove her. The bear population is quite good living out of the trash bins.

In Houston the computer models say it's 80 degrees. Last year we were blanketed with snow here in Cypress.Who gives a fuck?
I bet those airplanes you saw taking off from a tarmac landing strip on Antarctica helped with the modeling, right?

Originally Posted by gnadfly
Making as much sense as usual.

Mama bears with cubs living around humans who generate enough trash to increase the bear population?

No fucking way. Their environment is shrinking. Duh!!

Palin got in trouble when the left couldn't disprove her?

Bullshit. Palin never needed anyone's help to get in trouble.

Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
FUCK - apparently you have lived through it...so far.
Bull. The polar bear population is thriving. Palin got into trouble saying that when the left couldn't disprove her. The bear population is quite good living out of the trash bins.. Originally Posted by gnadfly

polar bear populations are around 50,000 or something like that.

btw, they are good swimmers!
It took only 2 years for Trump to fix Global Warming
https://polarbearscience.com/2017/02...-almost-30000/

This means the adjusted 2015 global estimate for polar bears should be about 28,500 (average), a marked increase over the official estimate of 26,500 (average) for 2015 — and an even larger increase over the 2005 estimate of about 22,500 (average)2, despite the dramatic loss of summer sea ice since 2007 that we hear about endlessly.

It is increasingly obvious that polar bears are thriving...
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...39708420080805

Alaska maintains that the polar bear population has doubled to as many as 25,000 over the last 40 years as a result of current regulations and conservation programs in Alaska and internationally.

https://www.mensjournal.com/features...ears-20131101/

After I arrived in Arviat, I picked up my rented Ford Ranger and drove out to the dump. There weren’t many streetlights, but it was a clear night and the road distinguished itself by a uniform glaze and filigree incisions of snowmobile blades. As I pulled in, I saw a pale shape amid the trash mounds about 150 yards away, but it wasn’t moving and seemed too big to be a bear. I drove forward slowly and got to within 100 feet of it. It was a bear. The scale seemed wrong: On all fours, it was too wide and too long. Standing, it might have been nine feet tall. The breadth of the shoulders and area of the shoulder blades and circumference of the midsection were well beyond common bear dimensions and nonsensically far beyond human dimensions. A resident of Arviat had once seen a 13-foot-tall bear. Looking up at that bear would have been like looking up at someone leaning out of a second-story window. A large male polar bear is arguably closer to dinosaur scale than human scale.

The bear had buried its face in trash.