1 mile down the road from me...

Poor dumb whiffy..
Poor dumb whiffy.. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
So four guys enter a Bar and two brandish weapons in an attempt to Rob the Bar owner. A customer inside the Bar happened to be armed and shot the armed suspects killing them while the other two fled. Well depending on Texas Law the customer that did the shooting could be charged with illegal carrying of a weapon inside an establishment serving alcohol unless he could prove he went to his car and retrieved the firearm to defend the bar from being robbed. But he shouldn't have to worry about a murder rap.

Jim
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
I am in the middle of a 3 week road trip. Visited the mint, Liberty Bell site, and Independence Hall in Philadelphia. 9-11 museum, Empire State Building, and several other museums in N.Y. All gun free zones. THEY WORKED!! No problems. No way you can say with 100% certainty that had they allowed guns into these places that someone may have been shot by someone else. Maybe 99.99999% but not 100%.

An example of where a no gun zone policy worked. 2 guys inside a strip club in Austin which is obviously a gun free zone. They get into an argument. They both leave and one guy goes to his car, gets a gun, and shoots the other guy, killing him. Gun free zone worked.
I suspect the shooter will be in more trouble than common sense would dictate.

Even in Texas.
I'll stop by tomorrow and support them...
I'm Poor and dumb, whiffy..I wish someone liked me. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
FTFY, LittleEva.

Why didn't the robbers obey the gun free zone? Maybe the bar needs a bigger sign.
Sounds like the guys needs some shooting lessons. He only hit 50%
I am in the middle of a 3 week road trip. Visited the mint, Liberty Bell site, and Independence Hall in Philadelphia. 9-11 museum, Empire State Building, and several other museums in N.Y. All gun free zones. THEY WORKED!! No problems. No way you can say with 100% certainty that had they allowed guns into these places that someone may have been shot by someone else. Maybe 99.99999% but not 100%.

An example of where a no gun zone policy worked. 2 guys inside a strip club in Austin which is obviously a gun free zone. They get into an argument. They both leave and one guy goes to his car, gets a gun, and shoots the other guy, killing him. Gun free zone worked. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I'm pretty sure the mint has armed security, same thing for the Empire State Building, 9-11 museum, and maybe some of the others. You have to do better than that Speedie. A gun free zone should mean a GUN FREE ZONE. Even the cops should be unarmed. How about giving a murderous pychopath a fair chance?

You forgot two other warrior presidents from the 20th century:

You might read up on LBJs wartime record. Not too much to recommend him.
FTFY, LittleEva.

Why didn't the robbers obey the gun free zone? Maybe the bar needs a bigger sign. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Poor dumb dull knife..
I'm pretty sure the mint has armed security, same thing for the Empire State Building, 9-11 museum, and maybe some of the others. You have to do better than that Speedie. A gun free zone should mean a GUN FREE ZONE. Even the cops should be unarmed. How about giving a murderous pychopath a fair chance?

You forgot two other warrior presidents from the 20th century:

You might read up on LBJs wartime record. Not too much to recommend him. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I never saw an armed security officer once you passed the security checkpoints. Many security people though. Could they have been carrying concealed weapons? Certainly possible but I doubt it.

Look, every time there is a killing in a gun free zone you and others hop on the opportunity to condemn them. Doesn't matter that there are 10s of thousands of gun free zones in which no killings occur. One can only guess at how many lives have been SAVED because of them. Absolutely no way to determine that. I pointed out one very true example of a time when a gun free zone worked. I'm fairly certain that there have been others.