Upstate Ladies ...

Upstate ladies,

Why don't ya'll participate on the icky more? Years ago a friend's dad stated 90% of the sex occurs between the ears. As I have aged I have to agree with the dad.

I primarily see ladies that participate on the boards. They show they have active gray matter. They show a sense of humor. They show personality. Some express the opinions. Others vent. I like it. It shows that they are alive and understand the hobby.
they all got run off
First you have to have an atmosphere where people can express opinions, debate issues, and have the ability to disagree with each other. Open discussion only happens when not controlled. Guidelines have to be in place (and they are) when in a format where the people are opaque via keyboard, but the guidelines should not be open to personal interpretation by those that oversee them.
You should make a point to see others that choose not to dialouge here as I have found many that love to converse and are very enjoyable to spend time with.
they all got run off Originally Posted by JONBALLS
I wonder by whom.
  • Doove
  • 05-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Why don't ya'll participate on the icky more? Originally Posted by pyramider
Perhaps they just don't buy into the idea that being referred to as a hooktard is cute.
I wonder by whom. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Perhaps they just don't buy into the idea that being referred to as a hooktard is cute. Originally Posted by Doove
Not me my friend! I would live to chat/discuss all sorts of things!

DD
Perhaps they just don't buy into the idea that being referred to as a hooktard is cute. Originally Posted by Doove
Simply because it is offensive

DD
First you have to have an atmosphere where people can express opinions, debate issues, and have the ability to disagree with each other. Open discussion only happens when not controlled. Guidelines have to be in place (and they are) when in a format where the people are opaque via keyboard, but the guidelines should not be open to personal interpretation by those that oversee them. ... Originally Posted by FlyboyNY

Really? This is why a bunch of girls left and/or why none of the ones still around post very much?

I know you don't like "closed threads," and it is obvious you don't care much for a Mod stepping in once in awhile to kill bullshit. That's your opinion, and you are welcome to it. But I don't think it has much to do with why a bunch of ladies don't post on this site any more. If anything, one could argue that it is because there are not ENOUGH limits here. Not that I agree with that. But some have left because of negative reviews and comments.... or so they say anyway. But these are not the most stable people in the world - few of us in this hobby are.

As to your concerns about "interpretation" of the guidelines.... just how ARE they supposed to be enforced if there is none? Almost everything is an interpretation. One member's "negative review" is seen as flaming by others. One provider's "Alert" is seen by another member as a personal attack. And for the most part, the Mods let all of this stuff fly and let you guys make up your own minds. Really. But once in awhile, a Mod "interprets" that the "guidelines" are not being followed any more. Time to intervene then, maybe. And you may not like it, but again..... it's your opinion (and your interpretation, too!).

My personal opinion why this is happening? (if anyone cares)

These things go in cycles. There are many factors that contributed to the current "down" cycle that we are in. Some high-profile LE activity, an aging "workforce," etc. It may come back to what it was. I hope so. But there are no guarantees.
they all got run off Originally Posted by JONBALLS
I wonder by whom. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
well not by what ya think jack

well there is the risk of more in the open over more utr.

then if I or another male member is with one. She get lots of hate pm and email. But not from the member she was with.

And if flirting on line with one guy. ya she would get mail to see from it. But they would get more hate mail.

So lets take Jen. We had a disagreement on board she got hate mail. Latter date we are flirting on the board, she hot hate mail.

The reason nikki does not post more has nothing to do with JONBALLS. And there posting . It was others reacting to it. mmmm and other things I know little about.

Then we have the old thread and review bump. Old review mostly. So a provider had a in "?", so so, or no review. There is debate and its over. The review get bumped from 2 months, a year or longer by some one. The hate mails starts all over again. And not from ether side of the debate. WTF

One provider and I have a bad history. There seems to be quite game of chess and checkers between us. And maybe some talk in the ML. I will bet ya she gets hate mail from it. Not from me or others that post more. Yet she puts up with it. As she plays on it, and gets more good PM's from it. And who to not bother with. Good for her.

Problem is not all the gals can let it slide. the hate mail gets to them. Then bail out.

Then lets not forget the from gal to gal on top of it all.
And the leaks also are part of the problem. As with some of the BS going on. From a source we have no control.
sub pump starts and pc reboots

any ways

mmmmmm mods

I do not see mods as a problem. Not the ones I like, nor the ones I ok with. Not even ones I don't like so much.

The mods are in the same spot light as a high poster jack ass like me is in. With the added problem of being a mod.

Every post can put ya on a DNS or ok to see list. I see being put on ether as a good thing most of the time.

As posting can help screening for both sides. A posting provider wants to post to draw out both.
This isn't your grandfather's SHMB anymore. This place has evolved during the past 2 and a half years to a BP dominated board. Go look at the reviews. Gone are the days of a bunch of happy hookers gleefully exchanging vouches and alerts (real or otherwise). Instead we have 17 year old runaways hooking up with Jaba the Hut putting us all at risk. Do we really care if the new breed of hooker posts? Leave it at fucks for bucks and stop looking for some elusive emotional fulfillment. The deactivated accounts attest to the folly of that way.
jokacz and OSD,

Words of wisdom were never more truly spoken!

Flyboy,

Mods intervene to address issues. I hate closing threads as much as the next Mod but when guidelines CLEAR guidelines are violated a warning goes up and if it persists its closed.

This is supposed to be fun and when things get ridiculous ... then the volunteer MOD has to step in!

My chief complaint is that people don't read the guidelines or the "how to's" if they did my post count would be much less then it is right now!

This is a thread that is worthwhile looking at and discussing. Are there reasons numbers have dropped? Sure! Will it bounce back? Yes - but when I can't tell you.

Hey I almost forgot ... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

DD
There are many ways to play the game. Some mix well, others do not.
These things go in cycles. There are many factors that contributed to the current "down" cycle that we are in. Some high-profile LE activity, an aging "workforce," etc. It may come back to what it was. I hope so. But there are no guarantees. Originally Posted by rooster69
I'd add that there seems to be low tolerance for threADs and some guys are assholes.

If a provider isn't going to make money from it, why bother to post on a board like this?

Some of the women are problems too from time to time. It seems like a lot of the female-female trust fell apart.