Straight Talk Phones

Currently I have Verizon and I will be changing carriers soon. I have looked at the Straight Talk phones and rates and they seem extremely low. I will be getting a smart phone with web access, email, ect. This is not going to be a hobby phone but my RL work/personal phone. Does anybody have any experience with their smart phones? I have a Straight Talk hobby phone that is just a cheap ass phone but it works OK for the hobby but would not be what I want for everyday use. If you have a ST Smart phone how is the service and quality of calls and web access?

Thanks for your input, Bud
I have both and where I'm located the Smart Phone doesn't work as well as I'd like but that has to do with the signal strength.

the $30 plan worked well for me BUT if you are using it for business then chances are you want the $45 unlimited which is still a great deal.

I never once used even close to all my minutes or tests and NEVER even came close to using all of my date time even with the $30 plan.

Good luck! Straight Talk is an AT&T based phone system if that helps.

DD
I have a smart talk phone and love it. It is off a Verizon tower , you have to request this. I know they uses several different cell phone towers but I prefer Verizon due to cell phone signal strength. I know the phones without smart cards are compatible with Verizon towers.

I purchased mine with cash, pay with cash and it is not traceable.
Thanks for the replies. I stopped by WalMart to get some info but the people there couldn't tell me much. I was told that the Straight Talk phones don't use sim cards. Is this an issue? I have verizon and they told me it doesn't have a sim card either so I doubt it will matter much to me. My Verizon phone uses google do you know if the ST phones do?
Straight talk actually piggybacks their signal off the major carriers towers such as sprint, verizon, t-mobile and at&t. They have many different options on phones but the sim card ones(gsm) run on at&t and t-mobile towers. The cdma is the same technology as verizon and sprint. ALTHOUGH... all the straight stalk androids run off the sprint network. Hope that helps some.
Recently looked into that myself. Only thing I noticed on the ST smart phone was that there was a data limit no matter which plan you used.

Net10 now has a Droid phone out and the 50 a month plan does have unlimited everything.
I have straight talk as well for a hobby. However I have noticed that Verizon has a prepaid plan for just $5 more with a a better coverage area.