Postcards from the popo?

Have y'all seen this?

Below is a link to St. Louis' big plan to "put prostitutes out of business."

http://stltoday.com/news/local/crime...ile_touch=true
Seems like a lot of work. Why not put that into catching murderers?
I think they're sending these out after arrests, & before any trial. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?
My question exactly. Postcards for those not yet found guilty? I thought our justice system gave us the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.
My question exactly. Postcards for those not yet found guilty? I thought our justice system gave us the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Originally Posted by watchoutthegameisrigged
Same basis of some departments posting arrest photo's and allowing the media to do the same.

The issue I see with this "postcard" is the middle charge "Impeding Traffic". If they send these out for that charge worded as they are they are pandering for a lawsuit. Mainly if (and only if) a certain chain of events take place. An example would be a guy has his vehicle break down and it is blocking (impeding) traffic. He calls for a tow yet while waiting gets a ticket happy cop pull in behind him and write a ticket (to help meet that monthly quota). A few weeks later that guy gets one of these yet never had anything to do with a hooker. Said guys wife gets the mail first and we all know where that goes. So by them placing that one charge on these they are opening the door to some lawsuits since that one charge is rather common and not only associated with street crawling for hookers.

But that is just my take on it. I am no lawyer, claim to be no lawyer, and did not stay in a holiday inn express last night.
Pretty sad. One of the other links on that story was about them busting hotels and motels from the pictures on the Backpage ads. In St. Louis it was easy because the arch or other landmarks were visible out the windows (ladies close the blinds before you take photos). Seems like a lot of detective work to bust some folks for a minor charge. It would be smarter to go after guys pimping the underage girls and the human traffic market - but that might actually involve work.