Stallion

Ive saw where men and women have referred to a women being a stallion..dont they know its a uncastrated male horse.
I used to see it all the time in BP listings. I think there was a former thread about this a couple years back. It still makes me chuckle when I see a posting by a woman boasting that she's a "real stallion". I'm not sure when so many people stopped knowing the meaning of the word.
  • AgFox
  • 07-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Better than being called a brood mare, I guess.
Maybe a TS.
Ive saw where men and women have referred to a women being a stallion..dont they know its a uncastrated male horse. Originally Posted by Tx Guy

All I have ever heard was women belonging in a stable. The stallion maybe before my time.
A lot of women advertised as stallions, especially on Backpage and similar sites.
Zebco has been looking for dates lately, even trying to auction himself. From the definition of stallion, he might qualify to advertise himself as one.
This post literally made me laugh out loud!!! Several times I actually trolled then ads and got into text battles with either the usual ghetto check referring to herself as a stallion, or her pimp over this. LMAO!!! It was all in good fun and, of course, the spirit of higher education. I would actually tell them “you know a stallion is a male horse right? You’d probably get more business if the people reading your ad didn’t think you had a dick”. Obviously, no one ever took my helpful knowledge in stride, but the lengthy exchanges were an entertaining way to pass the time. Lol
There's no need to have a cow y'all. "Stallion" is a colloquial term, specifically thought to be a part of Southern AAVE. Words get recontextualized and new meanings are ascribed to them all the time. Language is complex.

Rising star Megan Thee Stallion chose that moniker. And I know some people think hip-hop isn't a legitimate genre / art form and that its participants are all ignorant. But she earned a health administration degree at Texas State University so I'm sure she has come across a dictionary and is well aware of the Merriam-Webster definition.

A conversation could also be had about how Black women have been historically masculinized and denied a certain brand of genteel, dainty femininity.

Instead, enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBYf6gpVvRA
There's no need to have a cow y'all. "Stallion" is a colloquial term, specifically thought to be a part of Southern AAVE. Words get recontextualized and new meanings are ascribed to them all the time. Language is complex. Originally Posted by Lena Duvall
Finally, some intelligence, a commodity which is in quite short supply around these parts.

FWIW, the definitions for "stallion" at urbandictionary.com seem to split roughly evenly between "stallion" as synonymous with "stud" (a (usually) well hung male who is good at sex and has a lot of it) and "stallion" as a fine woman. Probably the best definition there that hits both meanings is: "Any person of the opposite sex you find attractive that you would let ride you like a rodeo show."

Based on my very unscientific observations I've tentatively concluded that using "stallion" to refer to a woman is more of an African-American usage than among us tight-assed white folks. But I'm willing to be corrected if that observation is mistaken.

Cheers,

bcg
My good sis Lena once again coming through with the facts!

There's no need to have a cow y'all. "Stallion" is a colloquial term, specifically thought to be a part of Southern AAVE. Words get recontextualized and new meanings are ascribed to them all the time. Language is complex.

Rising star Megan Thee Stallion chose that moniker. And I know some people think hip-hop isn't a legitimate genre / art form and that its participants are all ignorant. But she earned a health administration degree at Texas State University so I'm sure she has come across a dictionary and is well aware of the Merriam-Webster definition.

A conversation could also be had about how Black women have been historically masculinized and denied a certain brand of genteel, dainty femininity.

Instead, enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBYf6gpVvRA
Originally Posted by Lena Duvall
I had to do it!

My good sis Lena once again coming through with the facts! Originally Posted by MOCHAakaMOCHA

Let's go with this one.

Probably the best definition there that hits both meanings is: "Any person of the opposite sex you find attractive that you would let ride you like a rodeo show." Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
I had to do it!
Let's go with this one. Originally Posted by Lena Duvall

What, bump a post almost a month old!

I sure hope you are planning on visiting our great state!