Best Cigar Bars in Pittsburgh

Hey there! I'm excited to be in Pittsburgh later this month but I did have a couple questions.

When I travel, I love to try out a new cigar bar and sip scotch. I've looked at three places but was curious what the locals have to say. Because I'll take a local recommendation over Google and Yelp almost any day. Currently on my list:

• Burn by Rocky Patel
• Blend Bar
• Cioppino

Also, does anyone know of a good old school bodybuilding gym in Pittsburgh? My gym in Minneapolis is in an old machine shop with no AC and I love it. So if anyone knows of anything similar could you please let me know? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Paige, xx
I have not been to Burn so can't comment, do not like Blend. I do Like Cioppino.
Depends on your preferences, I personally prefer Burn
Appreciate the information! Thank you both so much!
I've been to all three and I prefer Cioppino's cigar lounge. Its much smaller and quieter than Burn or Blend and has a great liquor and wine selection. You can also order food from the restaurant, which is always excellent.

Burn's menu is pretty slim and the food is mediocre. And, I have a personal issue with Rocky Patel, so I generally don't support his brands. But, that's another story.

Blend is nice, but the time I was there it was extremely crowded and very noisy. Not my favorite environment to enjoy and cigar and a glass of Scotch.

Cioppino, my favorite cigar bar in Pittsburgh.
And, I have a personal issue with Rocky Patel, so I generally don't support his brands. But, that's another story. Originally Posted by Big Stig
Are you willing to tell the story?
Are you willing to tell the story? Originally Posted by AmishGangster
Years ago, in a previous life, I was in New Orleans attending the annual IPCPR convention. It was pretty late, like 2am, and me and some associates were hanging out by the hotel pool enjoying cigars and some adult beverages. Rocky shows up and decides to join us. Okay, cool, no problem, have a beer. Not long after it starts to rain so we head into the lobby.

Rocky was pretty drunk and being rude to the hotel staff. He said he had more beer in his room. So then, rather than just go get it, he calls one of his employees, who was there with his wife and children. It was well past 3am at this point and he made the guy get up out of bed, go to his room and bring him the beer. He was rude and threatening on the phone.

The guy complied, brought the beer and was greeted with an insult rather than a thank you. Personally, I found this to be highly offensive and classless. I have great disdain for people who mistreat their employees. He could have easily gone and got it himself, but he chose to be a complete asshole.

I guess it was probably not a big deal, but it stuck with me and I have not bought a single Rocky Patel product since.
Years ago, in a previous life, I was in New Orleans attending the annual IPCPR convention. It was pretty late, like 2am, and me and some associates were hanging out by the hotel pool enjoying cigars and some adult beverages. Rocky shows up and decides to join us. Okay, cool, no problem, have a beer. Not long after it starts to rain so we head into the lobby.

Rocky was pretty drunk and being rude to the hotel staff. He said he had more beer in his room. So then, rather than just go get it, he calls one of his employees, who was there with his wife and children. It was well past 3am at this point and he made the guy get up out of bed, go to his room and bring him the beer. He was rude and threatening on the phone.

The guy complied, brought the beer and was greeted with an insult rather than a thank you. Personally, I found this to be highly offensive and classless. I have great disdain for people who mistreat their employees. He could have easily gone and got it himself, but he chose to be a complete asshole.

I guess it was probably not a big deal, but it stuck with me and I have not bought a single Rocky Patel product since. Originally Posted by Big Stig
Not to mention his cigars suck
Not to mention his cigars suck Originally Posted by chizzy
For the most part, I agree.
Agree about Rocky. He’s a dick. But… he always has a hot young chick on his arm. I think he’s a monger!

I second Cio’s. Also like Leaf & Bean in Strip. Very different vibe than the other places. But I like it.
Smokin’ Brews is also great. Owners are great guys, wonderful liquor & they make awesome sandwiches
Hey there! I'm excited to be in Pittsburgh later this month but I did have a couple questions.

When I travel, I love to try out a new cigar bar and sip scotch. I've looked at three places but was curious what the locals have to say. Because I'll take a local recommendation over Google and Yelp almost any day. Currently on my list:

• Burn by Rocky Patel
• Blend Bar
• Cioppino

Also, does anyone know of a good old school bodybuilding gym in Pittsburgh? My gym in Minneapolis is in an old machine shop with no AC and I love it. So if anyone knows of anything similar could you please let me know? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Paige, xx Originally Posted by PaigeSavage
Exercise Warehouse on Liberty Ave in Bloomfield. Bout as old school as they come!

Its across the street from Smoking Brews (I’ve not patronized this cigar bar personally) if you fancy a cigar after your workout!
Enjoy Paige!
Paige also Webb’s in penn hills is a good body builders gym. Dreamgirl is correct, Warehouse is pretty old school too.
Thank you, Dreamgurl & Loretta for the gym recs. I just love the old school vibe because everyone is there to WORK! Plus I'm hip thrusting/hack squatting 8-10 45lbs plates on my heaviest sets... I make noises and Planet Fitness is not about the noises.

Fellas, thank you for the updates on the cigar bars.