Dallas potential site for a new Amazon HQ?

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...ers-story-ages

Dallas has a good chance to be the site of the new Amazon HQ2 with estimates of 50,000 corporate jobs.

Fingers crossed we get it right?

If we do get it, I hope the providers' population grows in proportional to the growth in the corporate population. I don't want those thousands who re-locate here to drive up prices thru excess demand.
  • ~Ze~
  • 09-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Amazon already has a big office and presence in dallas.there is a possibility there. But they said North America, doesn't have to even be in the USA.
Have you seen their new fulfillment center on 635?

It's humongous!
  • ~Ze~
  • 09-07-2017, 08:19 PM
My Reddit feed has been blowing up with everyone treating this like Amazon is handing out golden tickets.

I personally wish they would make Detroit, or other mid-west cities their choices. Unfortunately, places like Detroit, Cleveland etc don't have the infrastructure to support a major relocation/influx. They also don't appear to be willing to offer big business like Amazon the incentives to make the deal. At least IMO.
I wonder if Austin w/Whole Foods is in play?
Why would any corporation that wants to make money set up any large project in the rust belt?
I dint see Dallas as a leading candidate. Not enough programmers and a poor education system in Texas.
Better than most states, plus cost of living is still favorable. The trick is to see who the other contenders will be ...
I dint see Dallas as a leading candidate. Not enough programmers and a poor education system in Texas. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
that's the argument one might have made 30-40 years ago.. it's not relevant anymore.
...and the winner is:

The city/state with the biggest monetary investment.

Land and infrastructure.

Largest tax abatement for multiple years.

They'll hold up someplace...just like sports team owners do.