No air pollution and carbon dioxide emmissions are down 50% - DTLA record high anyway!

"Downtown LA hit 92 degrees yesterday and will approach 100 today, which will likely break the old 93-degree daily record high," CNN meteorologist Dave Hennen says.

So, in spite of the fact that the air is much cleaner without nearly as much traffic, and the CO2 is also likely down, the fucking record high temperature in DTLA may break a 93 year old record!

Where's that man made global warming coming from?

Things should be slightly cooling with an enormous reduction in fossil fuel burning, right?
Not really
100 is pretty crazy.. when I was in LA last year, I was looking forward to cooler temps than Dallas.. didn't happen, in fact is was a little HOTTER than Dallas
So this his supposed to happen overnight, fredsy?

Six weeks of social distancing and poof! Everything is exposed to be betters?

OK, if yous say so.
So this his supposed to happen overnight, fredsy?

Six weeks of social distancing and poof! Everything is exposed to be betters?

OK, if yous say so. Originally Posted by HoeHummer
Well, 6 weeks of considerably less carbon dioxide since driving is down by at least 50% might have had a little bump down in temperature compared to the last year - maybe someone should study that? (I'm not worried about global warming - just the costly and ridiculous schemes to combat it)

We can see how much radically different the air quality is. If the temperature affect is very little, let's not worry about it, OK?
100 is pretty crazy.. when I was in LA last year, I was looking forward to cooler temps than Dallas.. didn't happen, in fact is was a little HOTTER than Dallas Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Weird when you are paying for that great LA weather and it sucks anyway!
"The earth has a fever..."

Media waiting to see how the game plan can be altered to fit the global warming narrative.
Poor media. No matter how hards they tries, they just can’t rules the world.

That takes a real man, eh?
Poor media. No matter how hards they tries, they just can’t rules the world.

That takes a real man, eh? Originally Posted by HoeHummer
Certainly not that pussy running Canada!
"The earth has a fever..."

Media waiting to see how the game plan can be altered to fit the global warming narrative. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Those faxxots love their man made global warming bullshit - I guess they have forgotten the Ice Age and the rising temperatures thousands of years ago.
Guess they have forgotten that
Guess they have forgotten that Originally Posted by matchingmole
Yes, they have convenient memories...
California citizens storm the beaches...to cool off and in defiance of Governor!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-orange-county

It is still too hot out there in spite of lowered carbon dioxide.

After more than thirty days of huge reductions in driving the CO2 has to be down significantly and should show a blip compared to other years.
"Downtown LA hit 92 degrees yesterday and will approach 100 today, which will likely break the old 93-degree daily record high," CNN meteorologist Dave Hennen says.

So, in spite of the fact that the air is much cleaner without nearly as much traffic, and the CO2 is also likely down, the fucking record high temperature in DTLA may break a 93 year old record!

Where's that man made global warming coming from?

Things should be slightly cooling with an enormous reduction in fossil fuel burning, right? Originally Posted by friendly fred
Are you really stupid enough to base your climate argument on a SINGLE day's temperature.

Never mind. Don't answer that. We have already seen you try to extrapolate coronavirus trends based on a single day's data.

If we permanently zeroed out CO2 emissions tomorrow, it would probably take a couple of years to detect just a 0.1 degree Celsius drop in the average.
Are you really stupid enough to base your climate argument on a SINGLE day's temperature.

Never mind. Don't answer that. We have already seen you try to extrapolate coronavirus trends based on a single day's data.

If we permanently zeroed out CO2 emissions tomorrow, it would probably take a couple of years to detect just a 0.1 degree Celsius drop in the average. Originally Posted by ExNYer
I have referred to it in other postings being 4 weeks of 50% reductions in CO2 and if you note in some of those other postings I also wanted to compare to several years worth of historical records on both CO2 concentration and temperature. I felt we might see a small blip so let's study it and see. The pro anthromorphic global warming crowd often refers to outlier days to make their point and I was also throwing that in their face - using their illustrative methodology against them.

However, I'll accept your statement: "If we permanently zeroed out CO2 emissions tomorrow, it would probably take a couple of years to detect just a 0.1 degree Celsius drop in the average."

If that is the case why even bother - the cost of mitigation is laughably high and the world is adjusting quite nicely with a greener Iceland and so far, a few fucking inches of sea level rise. (Assuming we can even correctly measure that within a few inches from a fucking satellite miles above the earth)