138 Points

That was what Jack Taylor of Grinnell College in Iowa scored last night in a basketball game, breaking the NCAA record by a whopping 25 points. Even LeBron and Kobe were impressed.
It's mind boggling. Makes one wonder how many points one player could score in 40 minutes all by himself, just running up and down the court shooting 3-pointers. Has anyone worked out the math using different running speeds and shooting percentages?
Of course Kobe would be impressed ... he throws up more bad shots than most NBA players shoot shots.

The Iowatard was well below 50%.
Of course Kobe would be impressed ... he throws up more bad shots than most NBA players shoot shots.

The Iowatard was well below 50%. Originally Posted by pyramider
As a Laker fan you hit it right on the nail. Kobe takes some horrendous shots and makes bad turnovers. New age basketball all about highlights. I miss the days of Bird, Johnson, Jordan, etc.
138 points can mean several things, the teams were severely mismatched, the player & team were consciously trying to break record, the other team & coaches couldn't play defense if their life depended on it. None of it says good BBall. I'm with BlackJedi, take me back to the glory days.
If the NBA and the NHL both disappeared, how much would they be missed?

Go back to the original 6, and no round ball after college.
At least college basketball is still quite "innocent" at the Division 3 level. Big-time college sports is totally corrupt. Everybody makes money except the performers. March Madness is the biggest cash cow for the NCAA (they have lost the college football gravy train to the BCS). It is the ultimate hypocrisy for the NCAA/NBA to insist on having "amateur" student-athletes, and then to turn around and allow them to turn pro after their freshman year.

Coming back to this particular game, it is not good anytime a team sport is dominated by one person. Nevertheless, it is truly an incredible feat for someone who is not even a top player to turn in such a performance regardless of the circumstance.