Anyone Going To The Fair This Year?

I do plan on going if all goes well. I know it’s expensive as hell but I usually have a good time when I go.
Most folks rave about the 10 dollar corn dog and 7 buck fried twinkie but other than the food what fascinates you with the Fair?

They do have a few free concerts and some love those arcade games.

I enjoy the rides especially getting buzzed and riding the tilt a whirl.

Maybe I just need to find the right person to go with.
Always recommend going for livestock and free concerts. Last year saw Nightranger play to a very small crowd--fantastic. This year, .38 Special plays on Oct 8. A good deal for the price of admission and a couple overpriced beers.
Looking to go this year; it's been ages. Just like wondering around, looking at all the businesses that pop up for the season. Snacking along the way.
I’m looking forward guys hope to meet some people out there!
The Fair hasn't been worth a damn since they got rid of Fat Albert and the Snake Girl.
The had this in 2015 and then never again

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/2015...con-margarita/

So no I won't be going.
My inner introvert says its too damn hot for me to wanna pretend being cool with the crowds of people.
My inner introvert says its too damn hot for me to wanna pretend being cool with the crowds of people. Originally Posted by LadyAnastasia
Come October you'll be there with a Corn Dog in each hand standing in line for the Tilt A Whirl.
Haven’t been in years. No real compelling reason to go, though I suppose I wouldn’t be adverse to going if someone else waged to go.
We've gone the past few years. Kids love the rides and games. I'll have a corn dog or two, a turkey leg and a lemonade. Funnel cake.
My inner introvert says its too damn hot for me to wanna pretend being cool with the crowds of people. Originally Posted by LadyAnastasia

I second this
I live walking distance. We get season passes go probably minimum 5 times. I usually drink 2 beers on the walk there. We mainly go for food, shows, and shopping. It's a great place to people watch too. Also, the season passes don't have names on them. So we let friends and family use them as well.
It should be cooler when it starts in October.
  • HAAO
  • 08-24-2023, 12:15 PM
Wonder if Jenna starr gonna take her kids lol.