Lost Car Insurance

Soooo. I have a bill and it didn't reach the due date. After, that bill was mailed, the company sent another letter with a much earlier due date. I didn't open that letter until it was too late. I am going to try to talk to a manager. Believe it or not it was a reputable company.

Meanwhile, where can I get insurance fast pr maybe online??
Soooo. I have a bill and it didn't reach the due date. After, that bill was mailed, the company sent another letter with a much earlier due date. I didn't open that letter until it was too late. I am going to try to talk to a manager. Believe it or not it was a reputable company.

Meanwhile, where can I get insurance fast pr maybe online?? Originally Posted by mrsack
Being a former agent, I can tell you insurance companies cooperate with each other as far as intelligence.

There are 2 companies you can enroll in today, online, and that is Geico and Progressive. They will take a chance on people who are poor payers, do not have 6 months prior insurance, have a history of at-fault accidents, or those who have been without insurance over 30 days.

If you are having trouble paying via snail mail, I assume with a paper check, consider going paperless and they will give you a discount. Just make it an autodebit monthly on your checking account. That way you can forget about it and not get burned.
Who the fuck still accepts payment through the mail?!
Let alone why are you still sending payments through the mail?
You have bigger problems than finding insurance
1. By Texas Law, an insurance company cannot cancel your policy if you have been current on your monthly premium payments and you are now LATE on the current payment or you MISSED the current payment.

They need to send you another notice giving you 10-20 days to make up that payment before they can send you a written notice required by law before they can cancel your policy.

2. If your monthly payments have always been on the let's say the 1st (as you said I have a bill and it didn't reach the due date.) and they then send you another bill statement for that same bill (the company sent another letter with a much earlier due date), THEY CANNOT DO THAT,

they cannot change your due date like that from the 1st to an earlier date regardless if you have paid the bill that was due on the 1st or not. The due date is the first, not the 31st or the 30th or the 29th, etc.
Who the fuck still accepts payment through the mail?!
Let alone why are you still sending payments through the mail?
You have bigger problems than finding insurance Originally Posted by Dorian Gray

There are some people who still want a monthly paper statement in the mail for their monthly bills: electricity, cooking and heating gas, water, internet, cable, phone, insurance, etc etc

and they still want to write a physical check to pay for each one of those bills.

Guess they rather keep up with their bills that way than using a different app or log into a different website plus their bank app and website.

I see folks who still write checks to pay for groceries at the supermarket and will not use a debit card or a credit card.
Picked up Geico online last night. Easy breezy. Talked to my former insurance and they will take me back with a small fee. There was a missed payment, missed letter etc..long story short sticking with geico for time being.
In general the auto/home insurance market is a mess. The only cure will be higher rates.

Most of the big carriers are losing $$ on home auto segment. They are making it up with their investments, but for the foreseeable future expect higher rates.
The general is easy online