How do you find places to try?

After reading about the recent raids and stuff, I was thinking about what are the signs of a good place.
I want to venture beyond the most common places everyone goes to but I also don't want to just end up with a sad handjob or something.
What do you look for before deciding to try a place?
I just read reviews or venture out on my own.
My first ever place was an AMP on Tradeway. It's no longer there but I've had only on so so session there. All the others were good times. Other than taking chances, what we call TOFTT Taking one for the team, the honest best thing you can do is Read Reviews, look for places and names of providers you think you'd like, call and make an appointment. The total truth? You still may not know if you're getting who you asked for so pay attention to descriptions. In general, some places are just better than others. Pay attention to reviews about certain providers and their coming and going. It's all by chance but you can make your chances better by your research here. Good luck!
Roll the dice and jump in .
I use reviews in this forum, found a place nearish to me, been three times, each time was great in their own way.
Worse case that can happen is no extras and you just get a massage for 60 bucks, still safer bet then some of girls on listcrawler.