Spearmint Rhino is burning to the ground right now

Guess we know which club owner went broke first in the pandemic. Spearmint Rhino is burning, big time. 3 alarm fire, looks like it will be a total loss.

That's going to be a scrutinized insurance claim...
I bet insurance fraud to get money.
  • Mew
  • 05-21-2020, 06:00 AM
I have a friend who’s worked there for some time now. Even with the lockdown she’s not necessarily hurting financially. In fact she’s doing quite well for herself. I don’t see how this will directly impact her but some of her friends may be affected. Eventually she will probably just look for a new club once normality somewhat settles.

To be honest I’m surprised Spearmint Rhino suffered little, if any, damage back when the tornado hit months ago considering most establishments around that area were severely impacted. I will ask my friend to see if she knows further details on what happened.
Let’s be clear this thread should be deleted. Rhino did not burn down. The club next to it burn down.
  • Mew
  • 05-21-2020, 08:30 AM
Thanks for clarifying, indeed it is the place next door. A couple of fire trucks were still at the scene as of this morning.
Strippers can be clumsy sometimes. One might have fallen asleep with a cigarette or someone let her in the kitchen. We can’t just assume it’s insurance fraud after no business for months.
Sloppy Intel. They open at 3pm today
Wow! What a SCREW UP!!
Let’s be clear this thread should be deleted. Rhino did not burn down. The club next to it burn down. Originally Posted by bingo1
Hmm.. I drove by it on the Freeway some 40 minutes ago, cocked my head to see the damage I had read about, and.. didn't see a thing.
granted my look wasn't long, given cars going 70 miles an hour surrounding me, but...
If you drive down composite you can see the damage; seems to be more towards the back of the place. My guess is squatters accidentally set the fire.
Yeah it was around the back. Thankfully they saved the place! It didn't look good for a while. Fire trucks kept showing up.

You can all just picture me standing there watching it burn saying "OMG! I finally have something to post about!"
Wonder if they slid down the stripper poles.....