Bankman-Fried FTX bankruptcy hearing

Update:

Bankman-Fried is the second-highest donor to Democratic causes, but says he donated just as much to Republicans using "dark" money.
a court just recently stripped FTX name from the stadium as requested by the stadium owners.
Update:

Bankman-Fried is the second-highest donor to Democratic causes, but says he donated just as much to Republicans using "dark" money. Originally Posted by VitaMan

no he didn't.
How convenient.

He says he did, but it is non traceable.

He’s lying.
How convenient.

He says he did, but it is non traceable.

He’s lying. Originally Posted by Jackie S
of course he did, just that he didn't give them as much as the democrats

the money given to democrats were 2X - 3X more than the republicans.

McCarthy got 7 million ftx donations; McConnell got more then he did, not sure how much, maybe 14 million?
no he didn't. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

He said so
  • Tiny
  • 01-13-2023, 09:05 PM
"In a November interview, which was with Tiffany Fong, who hosts a cryptocurrency-themed YouTube channel, Bankman-Fried said that, contrary to his reputation as a power broker of progressive causes, he gave about the same amount to Republicans through so-called dark-money contributions. “All my Republican donations were dark,” Bankman-Fried said, in his characteristic vague-yet-boastful style. “And the reason was not for regulatory reasons. It’s ’cause reporters freak the fuck out if you donate to Republicans—they’re all super liberal. And I didn’t want to have that fight. So I made all the Republican ones dark.”

https://www.newyorker.com/business/c...nce-violations

I've got my doubts about the dark money donations. Wouldn't that just be a waste of money? "Dark money" means the contributors' identities aren't known. So how are the Republicans going to know they've been bought off?

Assuming he's not just out and out lying, Bankman Fried may be referring to contributions that came from his associate, Ryan Salame, who donated $23 million to Republicans and right-of-center PAC's.
a shady liar said so Originally Posted by VitaMan

ftfy
Why don't the doubters of Bankman-Fried doubt what others say ?

An example would be...Mr. Trump.
  • WTF
  • 01-14-2023, 03:22 AM

An example would be...Mr. Trump. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Information bias is why.

Waco can not accept the fact that Sam donated equally to Republicans.
Information bias is why.

Waco can not accept the fact that Sam donated equally to Republicans. Originally Posted by WTF
Ok, I will give that he donated to both Parties.

But equally? No. not even close.
  • Tiny
  • 01-14-2023, 08:40 AM

An example would be...Mr. Trump. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Information bias is why.

Waco can not accept the fact that Sam donated equally to Republicans. Originally Posted by WTF
Gentlemen, respectfully you should accept that you and the Main Stream Media are biased. Why else would you reflexively believe one of the biggest con men in American history? Maybe the biggest, given that Bernie Madoff’s victims have gotten most of their money back.

Most of the Trump lovers I know accept that he’s a liar. They just agree with most of his policies and believe their interests and American interests will be harmed by the increasingly Progressive Democratic Party agenda.
  • Brot
  • 01-14-2023, 09:22 AM

But equally? No. not even close. Originally Posted by Jackie S

AKA Diversification or hedging. It would appear that in this case he made the right call.
  • WTF
  • 01-14-2023, 09:42 AM
Gentlemen, respectfully you should accept that you and the Main Stream Media are biased. Why else would you reflexively believe one of the biggest con men in American history? Maybe the biggest, given that Bernie Madoff’s victims have gotten most of their money back.

Most of the Trump lovers I know accept that he’s a liar. They just agree with most of his policies and believe their interests and American interests will be harmed by the increasingly Progressive Democratic Party agenda. Originally Posted by Tiny
Why would he not give to both parties?

Both parties could have effected his business.

Use a little common sense.

So it is not a matter of believing Sam...it is a matter of common sense. You'd have done the same thing in his shoes.

The real question should be this dark money option.
  • WTF
  • 01-14-2023, 09:48 AM

But equally? No. not even close. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Why would he not?

Each Congressmen's vote counts equally.