Did Someone Say "Dictator"?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

biggest decision? um, I hate to break it to you, but you don't have a say. you didn't shut down the Country, it shut down via the 42 States (minus 8 Redneck Governors), and will "re-open" when those Governors/Legislators/Mayors decide it should open.

will Trump ever shed his narcissism? nah...
It’s not up to that walking colostomy bag, eh?

It’s up to the fuckings virus.

The Trumpholian narrative will not support anything like that though.

biggest decision? um, I hate to break it to you, but you don't have a say. you didn't shut down the Country, it shut down via the 42 States (minus 8 Redneck Governors), and will "re-open" when those Governors/Legislators/Mayors decide it should open.

will Trump ever shed his narcissism? nah... Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I would argue those Governors may also lack constitutional authority to stop people from going to their synagogues, churches, mosques, etc.

Perhaps they should attempt persuasion and less force.

Did someone say "troll?" Anybody who doesn't want to re-opened does not have to. The vast majority of business owners want to.

BTW, as the business owner you can re-open with whatever reasonable safeguards you want IMO. Also, you can CLOSE your business if you don't think "this is working out."

you don't pay much attention to the lefts criticism of President Trump I see

of course whichever tact he might take really doesn't matter for they would just take the opposite side

however trump has been criticized on every leftwing tv channel I can think of for respecting federalism

you should listen to the witch mika sometime, of course she would change her tune if he had done what she demanded

Many of those states took their cues from guidance from the feds and I'd guess reopen in a heartbeat if guidance was given that it was recommended.
I would argue those Governors may also lack constitutional authority to stop people from going to their synagogues, churches, mosques, etc.

Perhaps they should attempt persuasion and less force. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Governors have persuaded a large majority.. it's Fools like the Baton Rouge Preacher who think they are above the rules others follow.

Did someone say "troll?" Anybody who doesn't want to re-opened does not have to. The vast majority of business owners want to.

BTW, as the business owner you can re-open with whatever reasonable safeguards you want IMO. Also, you can CLOSE your business if you don't think "this is working out." Originally Posted by gnadfly
you are a Troll, and yes, you said it to self-identify. no shit the vast majority of business owners want to reopen. you right-wingers state the obvious like you are dropping breaking news. the question is when, numb nuts.

and no, you can't open with your choice of safeguards. ever heard of OSHA? that's the problem with the far-right, it's all about them and their money. no shit given to health or responsibility.

and no, you can't open with your choice of safeguards. ever heard of OSHA? that's the problem with the far-right, it's all about them and their money. no shit given to health or responsibility. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
=REMOVED BY STAFF. There isn't any room on these boards for blatant disrespectful name calling

I said "reasonable safeguards." For example, if the business owner wants to continue sanitizing equipment with every customer go ahead. I never said to break laws or regulations.

And you claim others are misrepresenting what others say.
Did someone say "troll?" Originally Posted by gnadfly
He's announcing for the 2020 election. He's "ready"! Just ask him.

His VP will be HummerBoy, if he can persuade him back from Canada.

Perhaps they should attempt persuasion and less force. Originally Posted by friendly fred
no force, the order is the order, if you dont follow u can be arrested, simple

spare me the bs with the churches

pray at home,

on we go
Maybe they can do a compromise. Shorter service more times per day with less members per service. No contact between members and arranged seating. They could actually do the service online. The problem is that the leaders of these churches want members and their guess to come in so they can leave contributions.
Double post
The problem is that the leaders of these churches want members and their guess to come in so they can leave contributions. Originally Posted by theotherguy1
There were always contributions at drive-in theaters. Those at the entrance gate and those in the backseat. Driveby contributions are simple.

It doesn't matter the motivation for exercising religion consistent with the first amendment. Government is prohibited from interfering with its exercise ... and Government is not entitled to inquire about one's "motivation" for doing so.

Along with freedom of speech and religion is .... freedom of assembly.
no force, the order is the order, if you dont follow u can be arrested, simple Originally Posted by Missburger
What's the crime?
What's the crime? Originally Posted by LexusLover

Civil disobedience and it is happening in a number of places in the country. Have you seen the viral video of the man being pulled off a city bus because he wasn't wearing the "required by law" face mask? Or the surfer practically alone on the water cited for civil disobedience?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pu-qjfbkyU

https://patch.com/california/manhatt...-beach-closure

Surfer Fined $1,000 For Ignoring Coronavirus Beach Closure

I do not think that in any state such as New York where a close order has been given, that any restaurant can take it upon themselves to open no matter how much sanitizing they do.

While we may not like such laws and feel they violate our civil liberties, they are in many circumstances such as this, laws none the less that must be obeyed or met with fines or jail time.