Hobby Risk??

Ok so I texted with this provider one day and set up an appointment, due to weather issues we had to cancel. During the time we texted I made sure she knew I was married. The next day as soon as weather got a little better she went back to where she is from and I PM'ed her to know when was she coming back and she responded "in April"(and it was barely march 2) Well on March 6th Im @ home being a model husband and father when my wife comes in with MY phone in her hands to let me know that...( providers name) had just send my a text to let me know that she would be in Midland (where I live) around 5 p.m. Well I told my wife a story about(provider name) but she(provider) after knowing that it was my wife replied with a text saying that she was texting the wrong guy. I ended up being kicked out of my house and when provider made it to Midland wanted to fix everything with an "Im sorry" . After a long day I kept texting her (because Im a dumb ass and realy wanted to see her) but at one point and after she told me she would see me she stopped replying my text. Now my question is. Is this part of this hobby? I mean like its normal that a provider can make something like this? Wouldnt be just fair that after a mistake like that a provider would do something to like compensate for what she has cause? Anybody?
imho, sounds like an honest mistake of the provider texting you instead of the other guy, but I don't think she should be liable for your wife finding the message. Just my humble opinion. I would suggest locking the cell phone and using a google voice number and app to filter the texts. There are numerous technologies that are free, from which you can sufficiently obfuscate these things. I go as far as saving the provider number under a guys name.
  • Old-T
  • 03-07-2015, 12:53 PM
It is unfortunate, but who left the phone in the wrong place? Not her.
A shady hobbyist could also fake this type of scenario to try to get a freebie.

As others have already noted, ultimately, you are responsible for securing your phone, computer, etc. from prying eyes.
First of all you can't blame the hooker or the wife. You own it yourself when you broke the unwritten hobby rules of not using and securing a hobby phone to begin with. Never use a personal phone ever ever ever......You've been on this board since 2012 and you haven't seen this happen to people before and if you did you didn't learn anything? Stupid is as Stupid does....ijs Suck it up and take what's cumming to you from the wife....
This simply illustrates why I only use a HOBBY phone, that is only turned on while I'm setting up my current appointment and is turned off and locked up someplace OTHER than the house where the wife can find it.
Ok ok. I guess Im getting an answer to my question.
A pretty consistent one, too.
  • Bluee
  • 03-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Sorry to hear about the wife, but, like others said, it was just a matter of time, given that you have not taken precautions.

Even something as simple as saving providers number as Jim or John, or not saving it at all would have gotten you out of a jam.

I have to tell you a somewhat funny story. I have been seeing this one provider for a few years, she is married, and he husband does not know about her hobby.

One time, I text her a benign "Yo, What's up?" at the time when she said it is safe to text (she does not have a hobby phone). Husband replies... "wtf, who is this" I knew the gig was up, so, I played along. Said it was "Jimmy" looking for "Johnny", got the number from his mom, and that I was in town wanted to catch up since I haven't "seen Johnny" since high school.

Husband simply told me I got the wrong number.

The provider thanked me to not blowing her cover, and gave me a few freebies for being quick on my feet.
  • jwood
  • 03-07-2015, 06:45 PM
You make your own luck. Get a hobby phone.
TRAC-FONE dude and a good hiding spot
He should not hide his fondness of hooktards from his wife.
+1 one the hobby phone. But why did you continue to persue this provider after she texted you and still on your personal phone?? That must be some incredible GP!

HB
Well happybanana I figured she(wife) had already kicked me out of the house so wtf just go ahead and do it. See and that was what kind of piss me off. The fact that after all this she( provider) ended up ignoring me.
Well, if you were the lady wouldn't you avoid someone who is so careless?