Didn't want to hijack the "Hobby Risk??.." thread...

Didn't want to hijack the other thread. If true, the guy has a mess on his hands...

Obviously the answer is get a damn hobby phone and email account...

But here's my question: Am I the only one that's noticed an increase in unsolicited texts and emails from providers you've seen vs. say 5 years ago?

Used to be the golden rule was "don't call him; he'll call you if/when he's ready."

Now it seems IME for some ladies that rule has become lax.

Am I the only one to notice this?
Am I the only one to notice this? Originally Posted by atlcomedy
I have never received an "unsolicited" text on my hobby phone. Mostly because its always OFF and hidden away except when I'm coordinating a meet for that day.

My hobby email is known to a number of ladies I've seen multiple times. And sometimes I get a notice or "invite" of some event. Birthday party, group party, whatever. But I have already pre-cleared the ladies so they know an email like that is fine and can be sent anytime.

Otherwise, no, I've not been contacted by the ladies trying to drum up business.
I think it has to do with the fact that it's now very easy to enter this world. There's no one to show the girls the ropes. Unwritten rules like "never contact clients for any reason unless they say it's ok" just aren't impressed on newer girls.

Or rent could just be due and no one ever showed them how to keep a budget.
  • Old-T
  • 03-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Hard to tell. Every lady who has my "real" hobby phone number has my permission to use it any time, so in essence they are all solicited.

If the timing would be bad I have discovered this very neat trick: I turn it off! Can't really understand why guys have gotten sloppy and then blame the lady. Don't want her to contact you? Don't give her your phone number.

Am I the only one to notice this? Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Kids these days... First of all, EVERYBODY has a phone, NOBODY talks on it....So, all communication is by text, email, post, Instagram, Snap Chat, etc., etc., etc. - Therefore, all communication is "thought" to be private. It's so easy to push a button and send out a blast to 10, 20, 30 guys that "I'm available"....like it was nothin'..... It's not like it was even 5 years ago....We're not in Kansas anymore Toto!!

But here's my question: Am I the only one that's noticed an increase in unsolicited texts and emails from providers you've seen vs. say 5 years ago? Originally Posted by atlcomedy
I remember when I got a mass message on P411 and I thought I was special.

imagine my horror when I clicked on it and it was a general message stating the provider would be in my area next month and rules to booking with her including 'if you do not confirm that morning the meeting is off" ..
I have a very small circle of gents that have granted me permission to text....but even then....I seldom do unless I know their personal situation won't put them at risk of a problem.
I got involved in a discussion about ladies sending a PM to guys. I'm in a small community (NM), and seemed that there just isn't much interaction. Mostly complaints about why more ladies don't visit, cost, too many guys only looking for BP girls, yadda yadda yadda!
I suggested "why not PM a guy you might be interested in? The ladies can see profiles, see who guys have been with, I'm assuming the ladies might even know some of the providers. Maybe they could ask how the date went (really)! If she thinks the guy sounds fun and safe, give him a "poke", like on Face Book? I have a feeling a lot of guys just might feel flattered. Visiting ladies could do this! We guys do this all the time. It never guarantees anything, but it sure could be fun. Notice, I'm thinking it would be a good idea to PM each other, not surprise calls or messages on a phone.
The ladies weren't too excited about this. Most of the guys were more positive. Just by having the conversation on our local board, I got a PM!!!! It actually worked out and had a blast with someone I might have passes over.
Now, this might now work for a lot of people. Like you guys who think only you can make the move. Or you ladies that are perfectly happy with your level of activity. But for all the rest, just a suggestion??? I sure liked it. Just thinking out loud folks.
I single, and I only let a few call me first
There have been a couple ASP,s since i have been in the hobby that crossed the hobbyist-/-provider typical relationship on contact method,s

If any one cares to read the thread i started awhile ago about

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...061&highlight=