the providers of 25 years ago. Better or worse

Just wondering if any of you old timers out there think the providers were better then than they are now. I mean were they more reliable or more kind or worse. I am an old timer myself but only got into the hobby a few years ago.
I loved Miss Kitty, a national icon.
I started "seeing" agency girls nearly 25 years ago when I was in my late teens/early 20s. Today's providers are far superior. Back then it was one and done, no attempt at foreplay, and upsell city. Things started to change in the mid to late 90s when girls opened up more and GFE started.
Several guys who have been hobbying for 20-30 years say the internet changed everything. Prior to that, the numbers off of bathroom stalls were their primary leads for new girls.

How would you like to go back to pre-internet days and all you had was a printed copy of BackPage for your local area? God forbid you lived in a sub 100K people town and have nothing. Before formal internet reviews it was very hit and miss. Sites like ASPD and now ECCIE almost guarantees GFE with no upsells, ripoffs, etc like the other guys above were saying.

I also think, relative to inflation, provider prices have not risen much in the last 10+ years. Table dances are still $20 here in Houston although most of the dancers wear latex instead of going bare breasted. But extras in the club as not changed.

Bottom line: These are the good old days!
I can't speak of what happened 25 years ago, but I was 18 when i started hobbying, and that was almost 20 years ago. My first experience? I got my watch stolen. Next experience? I had a great FBSM but I was so nervous it took me over an hour to pop, and the provider yelling at me saying, "what's wrong with you?!" I guess I still get that sometimes but nowhere near as bad. I think providers are getting better with far more GFE than before.
I can't speak of what happened 25 years ago, but I was 18 when i started hobbying, and that was almost 20 years ago. My first experience? I got my watch stolen. Next experience? I had a great FBSM but I was so nervous it took me over an hour to pop, and the provider yelling at me saying, "what's wrong with you?!" I guess I still get that sometimes but nowhere near as bad. I think providers are getting better with far more GFE than before. Originally Posted by jyoshi917
She yelled at you? That's horrible
Yeah... I had a problem finishing, and i think that initial experience have had a lingering effect after all these years. Lets just say some providers are more patient with me than others.
Since there's more accountability today, I'm going to say they're better now.
Agreed,shayla. i think it is due to all the forums and reviews on the web these days.
Since there's more accountability today, I'm going to say they're better now. Originally Posted by Shayla
+1

Bad news travels quickly these days...

JME.

Huck
Since there's more accountability today, I'm going to say they're better now. Originally Posted by Shayla
And maybe just a bit chubbier. But jolly, lol.
It's MUCH better now...thank you internet!!! Back in the 70's we didn't have reviews to consult...it was all word of mouth and ads in shitty newsletters. I was in Ann Arbor at the time. I could go to Detroit and pick up a provider at a strip club or one of the bars where providers were known to hang out. Or I could go to one of the "pleasure domes" on 8-mile road and enjoy an hour with a girl on a mattress on the floor with a candle in the corner.

I'm sure there were some classy women providing at the time but those ladies were only available for the wealthy "In The Know" crowd.

I met some wonderful women in Detroit but it was by chance...not research.

I like it much better now!
Since I am probably one of the older guys, (65), I can say for certain that yes, the internet changed everything, and I think for the better.

In 1967 I was drafted into the military, and got to experience Hookers in Vietnam, and Germany. Of course, the legality of prostitution made those senarios much different.

Before I was married in 1971, I did partake of the "street scene" on the east side of Houston. That meant Lyons Avenue, Clinton Drive, and 75th street. You simply road down the street, and Hookers would flag you down. Pretty rough, and pretty risky.

The entire years I was married I did not partake. About 5 years ago, (my wife passed almost 14 years ago), I decided to see what was out there. I was amazed when I found the old ASPD site, it was like catelogue shopping for pussy.

The internet has revolutionized the Hobby. One main factor is the ease in which you can locate and hook up with a really great Provider. The days of shady backstreets, dangerous streets, and truck stop parking lots are a thing of the past.

There is one drawback. The internet has certainly improved the quality of the Ladies, but with that the cost has also risen. The advent of the GFE Full Service Provider has also tended to drive the cost up, better quality and more time simply cost more.

Overall, I think we, as Whoremongers and Hobbyist, have it better than we ever have, and so DO the Ladies.
Jackie S. I'm also 65 and I agree we have it better than ever! Thumbs UP!

PS I was Navy. The current generation doesn't have a clue about the draft.