Eevee

If I am reading this correctly she was not saying that she was kidding, but the guy text her and told her that he was kidding. Ergo, her alert wasn't false, he just tried to cover ass.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...ighlight=eevee

Banned?

where the hell is deerhunter when you need him???
Yeah, that's what I got from her post as well. She goes on to call the guy a lunatic.
I agree as well..... I didn't see she got banned. Her alert was reasonable if for no other reason, other ladies should know that he pulls this crap.
i love how people stop being dicks when you post alerts on them i recieved a text about 2 hours ago from him saying i was just kidding ... please remove alert... i was just upset because you turned down my outcall offer and i wanted to scare you (lol not sure what to think about this lunitic lol) Originally Posted by sleeping_eevee

LD what you dont get to see is the pm's that are exchanged between staff and hobbyist/provider asking them to explain whats going on. Generally when people are sent away on vacation YOU (meaning the community) wont wont know why unless that person tells you when they get back from their vacation or its self explanatory in a thread.

In this scenario they go back and forth with a false alert, she contributed to it just as much as he did therefore they were both sent away so we could sort this thing out. Personally I find it disgusting that anyone would joke around about having STD's, that's an issue that's no laughing matter as it can affect everyone playing this game. You have anymore questions pm me LD.
I think she meant.....

Originally Posted by sleeping_eevee
i love how people stop being dicks when you post alerts on them i recieved a text about 2 hours ago from him saying "i was just kidding ... please remove alert... i was just upset because you turned down my outcall offer and i wanted to scare you" (lol not sure what to think about this lunitic lol)

at least thats how I read it.
ImaMrCool- That's how I read it too....
Y'all know that it doesn't matter how we read it or how the OP meant it...what matters is how a mod reads it and how they react to it in public. Never expect apologies or corrections here...

On a side note...

One of the things I've learned in my years in the military is that a leader must be decisive. He must be able to make a decision based on less than perfect information, and in a quick manner. A decision now is much better than a better decision too late. However, I've also learned that, as a leader, if you want people to respect you, you have to be able to admit when you're wrong, and take subsequent actions to correct your error. Being able to look people in the face and tell them you made a mistake is hard...but for some reason not having to look them in the face on the Interwebs is much harder.

I don't know why the Houston leadership community has to put on this hard, unfailing, unapologetic face...but I do know that it'll never work...

Again, this is all just a side note, I have no idea if it applies to this thread in particular or not, it's just for edification purposes...
  • Dad
  • 02-20-2011, 08:37 AM
what matters is how a mod reads it and how they react to it in public. Never expect apologies or corrections here...

I don't know why the Houston leadership community has to put on this hard, unfailing, unapologetic face...but I do know that it'll never work... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Not all Houston mods are hungry and san apologetic!
Y'all know that it doesn't matter how we read it or how the OP meant it...what matters is how a mod reads it and how they react to it in public. Never expect apologies or corrections here...

On a side note...

One of the things I've learned in my years in the military is that a leader must be decisive. He must be able to make a decision based on less than perfect information, and in a quick manner. A decision now is much better than a better decision too late. However, I've also learned that, as a leader, if you want people to respect you, you have to be able to admit when you're wrong, and take subsequent actions to correct your error. Being able to look people in the face and tell them you made a mistake is hard...but for some reason not having to look them in the face on the Interwebs is much harder.

I don't know why the Houston leadership community has to put on this hard, unfailing, unapologetic face...but I do know that it'll never work...

Again, this is all just a side note, I have no idea if it applies to this thread in particular or not, it's just for edification purposes... Originally Posted by Wakeuр

and fwiw, I read it same way as ImaCool and just about everyone else - she was quoting him - not speaking in 1st person. But, in the end, how WE read it matters not.
I'm right here, beautiful.

I thinck we all just need to "cool off" a little bit........I read it the same way you did mrCool

On a side note...

Again, this is all just a side note, I have no idea if it applies to this thread in particular or not, it's just for edification purposes... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Wanted to quote this and make one minor correction, I did get a gutted post corrected but I'm pretty sure that the only one that knows is me.

The problem with never owning mistakes, even the really obvious ones is that it builds up over time and then even the small ones turn into to more than they ever were. I've said repeatedly public and privately that I have made more mistakes than the Houston Mod team and the eccie ownership combined, I've been doing it a lot longer so that only makes sense. But we learned a long time ago to own our mistakes and then try to move forward.

I also read the post the way ImaMrCool did. Do we know what was said in emails, PMs or on the phone? Of course not and that is why the shepherds have enjoy our full faith and trust. There are lots of times when the membership isn't going to know the complete story and we need to be able to trust them.
I think she meant.....

Originally Posted by sleeping_eevee
i love how people stop being dicks when you post alerts on them i recieved a text about 2 hours ago from him saying "i was just kidding ... please remove alert... i was just upset because you turned down my outcall offer and i wanted to scare you" (lol not sure what to think about this lunitic lol)

at least thats how I read it. Originally Posted by ImaMrCool
Wanted to quote this and make one minor correction, I did get a gutted post corrected but I'm pretty sure that the only one that knows is me.

The problem with never owning mistakes, even the really obvious ones is that it builds up over time and then even the small ones turn into to more than they ever were. I've said repeatedly public and privately that I have made more mistakes than the Houston Mod team and the eccie ownership combined, I've been doing it a lot longer so that only makes sense. But we learned a long time ago to own our mistakes and then try to move forward.

I also read the post the way ImaMrCool did. Do we know what was said in emails, PMs or on the phone? Of course not and that is why the shepherds have enjoy our full faith and trust. There are lots of times when the membership isn't going to know the complete story and we need to be able to trust them. Originally Posted by Wayward
Thanks for your inputs everyone. The quotation marks make a HUGE difference. Personally I take remarks regarding STD's very serious because I don't feel that is something to play with, furthermore its something i would never wish on anyone.

Wayward thanks for that last comment. As Wayward stated sometimes you wont get the complete story due to privacy issues. At least I wont ever respond to anyone inquiring why someone was banned. If the person who was sent away comes back and tells you why that's on them. Everyone's input has been taken into consideration and I will lift the ban. Thanks again.
This is impressive......
I win!
I think the credit should go to the OP don't you?