How many of you knew that the Sargent on the scene at the Garner arrest was a Black Woman?

It's amazing that Al Sharpton, Eric Holder, or President Obama failed to mention this in their comments.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...lice-sergeant/

I would think that the supervisor on the scene would be facing severe questions and be subject to severe reprimand.
I did. Maybe that explains why she wasn't in front of a grand jury as well.
There seems to always to be a "back story" that the "politically correct liberals" want to bury .... marginalize at best.

How many of you know (or knew) that Rodney King was handcuffed (he had cooperated) and in custody by a female California state trooper at least 1/2 his size BEFORE he was unhandcuffed and turned over to the goons?

She was never charged or disciplined for anything....either.
There seems to always to be a "back story" that the "politically correct liberals" want to bury .... marginalize at best.

How many of you know (or knew) that Rodney King was handcuffed (he had cooperated) and in custody by a female California state trooper at least 1/2 his size BEFORE he was unhandcuffed and turned over to the goons?

She was never charged or disciplined for anything....either. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Why the fuck should she Be? Unless she joined in on the beatdown.
Why the fuck should she Be? Unless she joined in on the beatdown. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Because once an officer takes a person (or property) into custody, the officer is responsible for what happens to the person (or property) and the consequences of releasing custody .... once she arrested him her responsibility was his safety.

She unhandcuffed him and released him to the local officers at the scene.
Would be a local issue statures differ from place to place. Chain of custody. She might have wanted her cuffs back.
Would be a local issue statures differ from place to place. Chain of custody. She might have wanted her cuffs back. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
#1: She was a state officer with jurisdiction state wide.

#2: She should have "released" him to the jail and if they wanted to talk to him, do it there. Then she gets her cuffs back (most officers mark their cuffs .. initals ... badge #'s .. and carry more than one set) ....

She was wrong .. and the rest of the story says why. Her only pass on the matter was she may not have "known" a beating was going to occur ... but once she takes custody and releases him she is liable if he gets hurt.

Common example: Officer stops DWI suspect, determines probable intoxication, and then allows the suspect to drive off. Crash occurs.

She may not be criminally liable in a state case, but might be responsible in a civil rights action as "facilitating" the violation, but she can be civilly and in violation of departmental policy. The problem was: No one ever said anything publicly about her role.
In the majority of businesses, military organizations, police departments, etc, if there is a supervisor on the scene, he or she is in charge and ultimately responsible.

That is why we have supervisors.

Here is a link from a more liberal Site, saying this very thing.

http://www.eurweb.com/2014/12/blacka...ic-garner-die/
#1: She was a state officer with jurisdiction state wide.

#2: She should have "released" him to the jail and if they wanted to talk to him, do it there. Then she gets her cuffs back (most officers mark their cuffs .. initals ... badge #'s .. and carry more than one set) ....

She was wrong .. and the rest of the story says why. Her only pass on the matter was she may not have "known" a beating was going to occur ... but once she takes custody and releases him she is liable if he gets hurt.

Common example: Officer stops DWI suspect, determines probable intoxication, and then allows the suspect to drive off. Crash occurs.

She may not be criminally liable in a state case, but might be responsible in a civil rights action as "facilitating" the violation, but she can be civilly and in violation of departmental policy. The problem was: No one ever said anything publicly about her role. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Then according yo your POV all police who do wrong are liberals.
The media will ignore this now. Hahahahahahaha!
Then according yo your POV all police who do wrong are liberals. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Where did you arrive at that? Or better ... how?

And if you got the impression from anything I posted ...

... then the impression is wrong.

I can't remember ever asking a police officer ...

......if he or she were a liberal or a conservative. Didn't matter to me.
In the majority of businesses, military organizations, police departments, etc, if there is a supervisor on the scene, he or she is in charge and ultimately responsible.

That is why we have supervisors. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I hope you are not suggesting that "we have supervisors" ... "on the scene" ... so he or she will be "ultimately responsible" for what occurs at "the scene."

My perception has been as a supervisor is to provide guidance and advice so that a problem does not occur or if already occurring does not fester into a larger problem .... and probably more importantly to respond to inquiries from subordinates regarding appropriate responses to specific actual events, conditions, or circumstances. The ancillary role can be, and should be, to facilitate subordinates in a manner that improves their ability to perform.
I hope you are not suggesting that "we have supervisors" ... "on the scene" ... so he or she will be "ultimately responsible" for what occurs at "the scene."

My perception has been as a supervisor is to provide guidance and advice so that a problem does not occur or if already occurring does not fester into a larger problem .... and probably more importantly to respond to inquiries from subordinates regarding appropriate responses to specific actual events, conditions, or circumstances. The ancillary role can be, and should be, to facilitate subordinates in a manner that improves their ability to perform. Originally Posted by LexusLover
If one of my men lets a job get out of my shop that is flawed, the customer does not call him in the middle of the night.

He calles me.

That is why I instill upon my men to always come to me if they mess something up. We can fix it BEFORE it gets out the door.

The Sergeant should have been aware of what was going on. If she was not, then she was derelict in her responsibilities as a supervisor.

It was brought up last night on ORielly that due to the fact that a supervisor was on the scene, this will make it much easier for the Familly to bring a lawsuite, because it doesn't show the actions of a rogue cop, it shows the actions of the PD, since their supervisor did not stop the encounter.

I'm not saying I agree with this, but keep in mind, we are now in "bizarro" world when it comes to the police and the handling of Black criminals.
The Sergeant should have been aware of what was going on. If she was not, then she was derelict in her responsibilities as a supervisor.

It was brought up last night on ORielly that due to the fact that a supervisor was on the scene, this will make it much easier for the Familly to bring a lawsuite, because it doesn't show the actions of a rogue cop, it shows the actions of the PD, since their supervisor did not stop the encounter.

I'm not saying I agree with this, but keep in mind, we are now in "bizarro" world when it comes to the police and the handling of Black criminals. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Enter the "Policies and Procedures" of the agency. They are for the purpose of protecting the agency. Unless it can be shown through other behavior or direction instructions that imply the department modified the Policies by conduct or directives AND the policies and procedures prohibit the activity and require the supervisor to interfere ... then the agency may avoid liability.

The presence of a Black supervisor creates some problems for a Federal civil rights case with a "racial" component, which is "in vogue" it seems right now.

All criminals of all backgrounds and ethnicity should be handled the same.

She was never charged or disciplined for anything....either. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Where did you arrive at that? Or better ... how?

And if you got the impression from anything I posted ...

... then the impression is wrong.

I can't remember ever asking a police officer ...

......if he or she were a liberal or a conservative. Didn't matter to me. Originally Posted by LexusLover