Austin Visit

I will be in Austin next month on business and wanted to line up some fun around town...any suggestions?
  • 02-09-2010, 07:07 PM
South by Southwest is a megaparty.
What are u looking for?

Price range?
Size?
Service?

Be more specific
Open to almost anything hetro
Lake Travis has some good fishing. Bingo night is always fun too.
  • ManUp
  • 02-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Lake Travis has some good fishing. Bingo night is always fun too. Originally Posted by atxbrad
Good one!
South by Southwest is a megaparty. Originally Posted by 78704
If you like live music, fun crowds and lots of partying.... 78704 is on the money!! SXSW is a blast. Google it.

Enjoy your stay!
If you like live music, fun crowds and lots of partying.... 78704 is on the money!! SXSW is a blast. Google it.

Enjoy your stay! Originally Posted by CupOfJava
Thanks man
6th street is very fun.
There is a bat colony under the Congress St bridge that emerges most nights at dusk. Very cool to see.
Duck tours on Town Lake!
6th street is awesome...cool clubs/nice parks/beautiful scenery/great restaurants/............also there is a great restaurant called Twin Peaks in Round rock{http://www.twinpeaksrestaurant.com/AUSTIN.htm}

have fun--I used to live there & loved it all!!!
  • Blaze
  • 02-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Hey Natural, when you get back home let me know what you great spots you found! I myself have intentions on going to Austin this summer. Last time I came down all I got to do was pick up my birth certificate and shopping with Tiffany, ugh!

It really depends on your interests. If you like music, there are A LOT of venues around town that cater to an ecclectic crowd...something for everyone! If you like the outdoorsy stuff, there are some great places to go but that, too, will depend upon the weather, etc. There are some artsy fartsy things to do all over town as well...and then the typical shopping malls, movie theatres, etc. So, good food and lots of variety...great venues to suit most any taste...fun places to go dancing...caves to crawl in and out of...lakes to troll...trails to follow...and you get my point!

Regardless, have a great time during your visit!

Sarah
Everyone is right... Cant go wrong with 6th