? About GVoice

• Zx
  • 07-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Someone else probably already asked this but I did a quick search and it did not show any results. I'm curious on how calls made from Google Voice will appear on my next mobile phone bill. (Verizon)
I'm not concerned so much with the charges I will receive, I am more concerned with the question of whether or not the numbers I dial or receive will appear upon the bill. (Using GV App)
I haven't bothered to look but google voice uses your data plan rather than cell minutes so it shouldn't show anything as far as numbers goes, just data usage
If you dial your google voice number from your cell and then make the call, it will show your google voice number. I had a coworker do my voicemail greeting. If my SO calls the number after spotting it on my bill, she gets the plumbers answering machine! Good thing is I now use my personal cell for construction work related calls and my boss pays the bill.
  • S-Man
  • 07-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Depending on your configuration, when your phone receives calls to your Google Voice number, it could either show the caller's number or your Google Voice number.
Google voice is not going to appear on your bill, bottom line. You might have to erase the calls in your phone, if you don't want curious eyes on your history of calls in your cell phone. I usually just delete any hobby related history whether i have curious eyes or not.
  • Zx
  • 07-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Thank you for the help
If you are trying to hide calls using GV, you need to use something like the Talkatone app. It will route your calls over your data plan instead of using a generic GV dial outnumber or your GV number for incoming calls. You can also use it to manage GV texts.

Used correctly, nothing shows up on your call logs or cell records.
  • BLM69
  • 07-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Google voice is not going to appear on your bill, bottom line. You might have to erase the calls in your phone, if you don't want curious eyes on your history of calls in your cell phone. I usually just delete any hobby related history whether i have curious eyes or not. Originally Posted by Incognito44
Wrong! The OP asked how/does gv show up on his bill. The answer is YES! say your gv# is 214-555-5555, that number will show up on your regular cell phone bill each time you make a call using the service. If you have a SO who has access to your phone bill, she will see the 214-555-5555 being used often, she can always dial it and reach you on the gv phone line.
Outbound, just downloaded talkatone, thanks for this. I've been using my GV, but this app will make sure nothing shows up on the account.

Thanks
Wrong! The OP asked how/does gv show up on his bill. The answer is YES! say your gv# is 214-555-5555, that number will show up on your regular cell phone bill each time you make a call using the service. If you have a SO who has access to your phone bill, she will see the 214-555-5555 being used often, she can always dial it and reach you on the gv phone line. Originally Posted by biglatinmale
Thats true, I thought he was asking calls made via GVoice.
I just checked my bill. It shows my outgoing calls as an out of state number, and my GV number on incoming. As I think about it, I'd prefer the GV number appear on both, as the local area code won't stand out like the out of state AC.

I'm not as concerned about her calling the number, as I only have call forwarding on when I expect a call from a provider, and I do not have a personal greeting on VM.

Glad this topic came up...makes it even more important that I don't place calls too often so the activity doesn't stand out.
Outbound, just downloaded talkatone, thanks for this. I've been using my GV, but this app will make sure nothing shows up on the account.

Thanks Originally Posted by wldtravel26
No problem. IMHO, using google voice without talkatone isn't that much better than using your own number.

The goal is to leave NO breadcrumbs....not breadcrumbs that can be hard to explain.

Especially since GV and talkatone are designed to integrate communication- nor hide it. And it's really easy to blow yourself up if you don't set both of them up correctly.

For example, dont have the app (or GV) on your phone when you sync with iTunes...unless you want to explain why it's in your shared app library.
For outgoing calls thru GV, it will dial your GV# and then GV will dial the number you've called. Outgoing calls will always show your GV#, not the number you called.

For incoming calls, you can configure GV to display your GV number as the called ID (your bill will show your GV number) or configure it to display the callers ID (the caller's ID will show on your bill).

Calls thru GV do NOT use your data plan.

GAMMD.