The downside of the confirmation call -- Ladies what's your side?

• Go4it
  • 07-10-2012, 09:14 PM
I'll try to make this brief --

Had a lunch time special (12:30) scheduled with a lady I have seen once before. Everything set up the night before but she wants a confirmation call the next day about an hour before. (11)

I wait until the appointed confirmation call time, pick up my phone, and -- FUCK ME I don't have her number for some reason.

I try numerous things to get the number but basically fail since I am at work and can't access ECCIE.

As the time gets closer, I am on the horns of a dilemma. I know where she lives. Should I just show up? Or should I NCNS her?

Just show up (plus side) - I get what I want. She gets paid what she was expecting
Just show up (negative side) She could have scheduled around me and there I am knocking on the door while she is in session. She doesn't get paid. She is pissed thinking I NCNS her

NCNS her (Plus side) --- There is no plus for either side to a NCNS other than making it up to her later
NCNS her (negative side) Probably no biggie as long as I explain completely and make it up to her later.

So --- Ladies --- What would you have preferred I do. Show up? NCNS?
For me.... If I ask for a confirmation call and don't get one, I assume that the gentleman will not be making it to our meeting and go on with my day.
Been there done that.... Luckily i had a backup phone listing in an email on my dummy gmail account

Couldn't you have used google on your phone to get the info?
Looks like you owe her a gift!

I doubt you make that mistake again. Especially because you told the whole world.
You posted this at 10:14 pm, after you had time to get home, get online, and either contact her through PM/email or call her.

What did you communicate to her, and how did she respond?
NEVER EVER SHOW UP TO ANYONE'S INCALL OR RESIDENCE UNANNOUNCED!!!!

now read that five times.
now read it again five times!!!!!
all kinds of crap can result if you show up unannounced. none or very little upside.

if you cannot confirm an appt or cannot make it to the appt, then the respectful thing to do is contact her as soon as you can and explain the situation to her.

not contacting her might leave her guessing as to why you didnt show. and she'll never know why you really didnt show.
or, as in reese's case, she'll just figure you couldnt make it and continue on.
1) Call a hobby friend that can look up the number for you.
2) Get a Hobby phone and leave it at work.
3) Most Cell phones have a folder where you can password protect an address book.
4) Most Cell phones have redial or view last 10 numbers dialed.

xxx-xxx-xxxx <<<< 10-little numbers caused this whole thing. or an Email Address.

So, your question should have been: How many ways are there to secure both?
It might be harder to hide if you have to worry about an SO/WIFE
I would suggest: After you make the appointment, write those 2 items down and hide it in the trunk of your car. Most likely, your car goes everywhere that you go. Another suggestion would be, (since this was a lunch time special) hide it at work, i'm sure you have a secure place at work like an office or locker. Lesson Learned.

Mistakes are made, TO LEARN FROM.

CG
  • S-Man
  • 07-11-2012, 01:29 PM
In the future, if it is okay with both parties, ask her to contact you if she fails to hear from you at a certain time.
  • Go4it
  • 07-11-2012, 08:01 PM
LMAO - just like I figured a bunch of advice for what I should have done before hand --- I know that shit --- the question was different --- but why expect anyone on here to actually read. They already know the answer without looking at the question. My bad!!!!!!

And the question was really for the ladies. Acutally got 3 legit answers. Thanks RF. And thanks to the two ladies who responded PM (they both said - come on over).
Go4it, That is funny stuff. 2 out of 3 ladies say that you should.......JUST GO FOR IT!

Personally, if my situation was what you described, I would NOT just show up. Instead, I would get on the internet as soon as possible, make contact, explain and try to reschedule. I would also assume that the girl has waited for me for a while and is in the processes of trying to get another appointment asap to fill the empty space I have created in her business. (uhh, no pun intented). If I get to the internet fast enough, perhaps I can still be the one to fill her empty space (pun intended).
Great advice its always good to have a hobby phone...

** Visiting Dallas 7/14**