Woman abandons her dog in short-term lot of Pgh Intl Airport

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...out-crate.html

A woman is facing charges of animal abandonment after callously leaving her pet dog at an airport

She was reportedly told her French bulldog could only fly in a crate, leading her to ditch the pooch in short-term parking

Officers arrived to save the dog at around 5:30am on Friday at Pittsburgh International Airport
Very sad to hear. Always amazing and very disappointing to me how little care some people give to traveling with thier animals.
They should lock her stupid ass in the car, at Sky Harbor.
$1k fine is painful for some
$1k fine is painful for some Originally Posted by HDGristle

Yes, but I think she'll find it just an "annoyance". The dog was a French Bulldog puppy. Those are NOT cheap run-of-the-mill dogs! Second thing- She was on her way to a resort. As far as I know, poor people can't afford a dog that sells for $2000 nor can they afford a trip to a resort.

If she's like that with an expensive dog, imagine what she's like with children.
7 year old dog, in good health and left with food and water. Not a puppy.

Not the right way to handle the situation when you have the wrong carrier for the dog at all.

But if you're going to villify, do it on what she did and not who you think she is in your head or how you assume she treated the dog or would treat kids.
She was charged today with misdemeanor animal cruelty
With temps in the 80's it isn't as bad as it could have been. Good to hear the pooch is ok. Sure $1k fine is substantial in some situations but still a d-bag move.
Anyone justifying what she did is a Piece of Shit human being too.
  • Devo
  • 08-28-2023, 04:28 PM
Supposedly she had a relative coming to get the dog and it was a mix up, I don't support her doing it, I'd have canceled the flight, but, shit happens.
The consequence should be never being allowed to own a pet again. Hopefully the good ppl at Animal Friends do what they do best, re-home that little bugger to a person who loves them. How do you leave your pet alone at the airport?? I feel bad leaving mine to go shopping, or out to dinner. The greatest feeling is the warm excited welcome a pet gives you upon return, like they really fucking missed the shit out of you!

I haven't met one women who can compare to that welcome ever.
I have known a couple whose exuberance and often obedience would rival a good lap dog. But for sure it isn't a fair comparison. I do try and remember that dogs are capable animals and as much as I despise anyone mistreating animals sometimes it comes more down to 'shit I would not do' which is what this situation sounds like. A fine and having it on her record sounds fair. Further issues should be much harsher penalty