New Feature on P411

I just read on the P411 site the advertising forums have reoppened:

http://posts.preferred411.com/index.cfm
Very nice feature...
takes way less points than visiting adds, AWESOME!!
I think this would be a great advertising venue, but it is unfortunate there are a few ladies who are already abusing it. I don't think Gina intended for it to be that way.

When I first saw the multiple posting by the same handles, I thought it might be a glitch. I then saw that I could apply filters to limit a default search for the ads. Once I applied the filters I thought I would get a focused, single post per provider. No such luck.

Biggest offenders on the first day, after my filters have been applied:

Heavenly Hayden with 9 freaking ads for the DFW area

Euphemia with 7 ads for similar DFW area.

Dishonorable mention for Sexyred777 with 6 ads for the same area.

Final thoughts: Ladies, the guys love to read one ad of yours, two at the most. Most guys that I know of, don't care for spammers. If you post an ad for every city because it is "free" you will come across as a spammer and possibly turn off potential clients. In the end, every lady runs her own business and it will be her decision. I guess I won't be clicking that link again unless that the excessive number of posts by a provider is brought under some control. Just a client's perspective worth what you paid for it
  • aka
  • 04-19-2011, 10:54 PM
I think each of those multiple ads is for a different City/'Burb. Unlike eccie, P411 ad board is not classified by region.

But that sucks.
  • Sami
  • 04-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Yes Matador I seen that too, I wasn't sure if it was glitch. I didn't post because I was looking and those ads also was all over the place. So I just stuck with the feature ad I have for the moment.

I think this would be a great advertising venue, but it is unfortunate there are a few ladies who are already abusing it. I don't think Gina intended for it to be that way.

When I first saw the multiple posting by the same handles, I thought it might be a glitch. I then saw that I could apply filters to limit a default search for the ads. Once I applied the filters I thought I would get a focused, single post per provider. No such luck.

Biggest offenders on the first day, after my filters have been applied:

Heavenly Hayden with 9 freaking ads for the DFW area

Euphemia with 7 ads for similar DFW area.

Dishonorable mention for Sexyred777 with 6 ads for the same area.

Final thoughts: Ladies, the guys love to read one ad of yours, two at the most. Most guys that I know of, don't care for spammers. If you post an ad for every city because it is "free" you will come across as a spammer and possibly turn off potential clients. In the end, every lady runs her own business and it will be her decision. I guess I won't be clicking that link again unless that the excessive number of posts by a provider is brought under some control. Just a client's perspective worth what you paid for it Originally Posted by Matador
Yes Matador I seen that too, I wasn't sure if it was glitch. I didn't post because I was looking and those ads also was all over the place. So I just stuck with the feature ad I have for the moment. Originally Posted by Sami
Sami, I went back to look at applying the filters and as a client the page presents the following for Texas:

If the ladies are presented with a list like this to check which cities they like to place an ad on, then I can see the excessive number of ads NOT being their fault. I mean, how are they supposed to know that so many ads would show up at once? If that is the case, my apologies to the three ladies I mentioned above.

A good new feature is bound to have glitches/details that need some fine tuning. I guess guys could just choose filters for Dallas and Fort Worth and leave the suburbs out...but that might leave lots of ladies out who may choose to post ads only in their city/suburb. This has great potential though, so let's hope that some fine-tuning makes it a great venue to find out the important details about all the great providers who use preferred411..
They are presented with something similar, which I agree isn't very clear about the number of ads that will show up. However, it very easy for them to look at the board and see the number of ads they put up, and delete the unnecessary ones.

Regardless, I think I have a good idea to resolve the spam issue... it will only be a matter of seeing if my developer can make it happen.

Always,
Gina

www.preferred411.com
I haven't placed an ad there yet (I know, I know; I'm the one who started the thread but I have to use my other computer to place an ad), so this isn't a defense of myself.

My first thought was that ladies should only post an ad for the location of their incall, knowing that a gentleman wanting an outcall to, say Garland, will check ads for ladies in Dallas. If he wanted an outcall to Frisco, he'd check the ads for Plano, etc.

Then I remembered that before I got my permanent incall, I would get hotels in the part of the metroplex most convenient to the client.

I don't know where I would choose to advertise if that were still the case.

My first thought was that ladies should only post an ad for the location of their incall
Exactly.

Posting in a different area only frustrates clients looking for providers IN THAT AREA.

A client interested in an outcall realizes that a provider in Fort Worth might be interested in coming to Dallas to visit with him, and that client will search a broader area, like Dallas + Ft Worth + Arlington.

It seems that providers think that casting their net as wide as possible is the best idea, when in reality just makes the client's eyes gloss over.

I'm sure it will all be fine tuned so it works quite well over the next few days though!

Sincerely,
Gina

www.preferred411.com

PS: ladies be sure to link to your Eccie Showcase and Reviews! The more info you give the clients to assist in their decision, the better.
Regardless, I think I have a good idea to resolve the spam issue... it will only be a matter of seeing if my developer can make it happen.

Always,
Gina Originally Posted by GinaXXX
you mean the development sales rep didnt say "sure, no problem!! we can do that!!" without first checking w/ the development team?? :^)

seriously, glad you had a great dev team to help you realize your website for us to use and enjoy!!!

Gina - you are TOPS!!!!! xoxoxo

pmd - proud life member of p411 since jul 7, 2005 [expiration date jul 10, 3016], and a satisfied client of privateConnections.